[9fans] I did it (curses port) - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] I did it (curses port) - Plan9 ; yes, it's true I have ported PDCurses 3.0 to Plan 9, it doesn't need vt(1) and it even has mouse support. http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/fgb/lynx.png - screenshot /n/sources/contrib/fgb/curses.tgz - what you all wanted /n/sources/contrib/fgb/lynx.tgz - binary and cfg files enjoy! Federico G. Benavento ...

  1. [9fans] I did it (curses port)

    yes, it's true I have ported PDCurses 3.0 to Plan 9, it doesn't need vt(1)
    and it even has mouse support.

    http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/fgb/lynx.png - screenshot
    /n/sources/contrib/fgb/curses.tgz - what you all wanted
    /n/sources/contrib/fgb/lynx.tgz - binary and cfg files

    enjoy!

    Federico G. Benavento

    ---
    /bin/fortune:
    To the foulish words, no answer.

  2. Re: [9fans] I did it (curses port)

    could you inform the ignorant? what advantage does lynx
    have over abaco?

    - erik

    On Sat Apr 28 10:29:40 EDT 2007, benavento@gmail.com wrote:
    > yes, it's true I have ported PDCurses 3.0 to Plan 9, it doesn't need vt(1)
    > and it even has mouse support.
    >
    > http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/fgb/lynx.png - screenshot
    > /n/sources/contrib/fgb/curses.tgz - what you all wanted
    > /n/sources/contrib/fgb/lynx.tgz - binary and cfg files

  3. Re: [9fans] I did it (curses port)

    hola,

    On 4/29/07, erik quanstrom wrote:
    > could you inform the ignorant? what advantage does lynx
    > have over abaco?

    I don't know if lynx has any advantage over abaco, I ported it
    because I needed a test case, because the demos that come
    with pdcurses all use a single proc and since lynx (like links)
    use select() all the time it was a good test case.

    I don't like curses myself and I didn't just for fun, but I see this
    could be useful to some people (like emacs fanboys).
    Also we could make the perl, tcl and python ports use it.
    this will give as a few more apps.

    if any of you is planning to port anything, have in mind that
    with pdcurses apps can't assume that 0 is the input fd.
    use PDC_get_input_fd(); instead.

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  4. Re: [9fans] I did it (curses port)

    cool. i was just wondering.

    - erik

    On Sat Apr 28 22:03:41 EDT 2007, benavento@gmail.com wrote:
    > I don't know if lynx has any advantage over abaco, I ported it
    > because I needed a test case, because the demos that come
    > with pdcurses all use a single proc and since lynx (like links)
    > use select() all the time it was a good test case.

  5. Re: [9fans] I did it (curses port)

    > I don't like curses myself and I didn't just for fun, but I see this
    > could be useful to some people (like emacs fanboys).
    > Also we could make the perl, tcl and python ports use it.
    > this will give as a few more apps.

    vi and nethack fanboys as well (like myself)

    kudos!

    -George

  6. Re: [9fans] I did it (curses port)

    On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 10:47:13AM -0400, George Gensure wrote:
    > >I don't like curses myself and I didn't just for fun, but I see this
    > >could be useful to some people (like emacs fanboys).
    > >Also we could make the perl, tcl and python ports use it.
    > >this will give as a few more apps.
    > >

    > vi and nethack fanboys as well (like myself)

    Yay. Would this also get readline and command history (rlwrap)?
    Purely for rio-less installation, of course *cough*

  7. Re: [9fans] I did it (curses port)

    don't forget the candles and sealing-wax

  8. Re: [9fans] I did it (curses port)

    2007/5/2, C H Forsyth :
    > don't forget the candles and sealing-wax

    As an aside, I always thought it was ceiling wax. I'm stupid

    --dho

+ Reply to Thread