[9fans] ipv6 - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] ipv6 - Plan9 ; Over the last two days I've pushed out a new ipconfig, some small utilities, and changes to the kernel and manual pages. ipconfig(8) is a good place to start. ipconfig is now able to configure more of the ipv6 stack, ...

  1. [9fans] ipv6

    Over the last two days I've pushed out a new ipconfig, some small
    utilities, and changes to the kernel and manual pages. ipconfig(8) is
    a good place to start. ipconfig is now able to configure more of the
    ipv6 stack, in particular automatically configuring the link-local
    address and enabling sending or receiving of router advertisements.

    I haven't been able to test the IPv6 functionality very thoroughly
    here, though it does seem to work at least minimally. Feedback on the
    new ipconfig from people who are using IPv6 is welcomed.

    The ipv6 attribute is now documented in ndb(6), but the trade-off
    between just using an ip attribute with an IPv6 address and using the
    ipv6 attribute is not yet obvious to me.

    One thing we don't have yet is DHCPv6. The sheer size of the stack of
    paper that is the DHCPv6 RFCs is daunting.

  2. Re: [9fans] ipv6

    Geoff,
    Thanks! I'm using v6 quite a bit on my network, so I'll
    cetainly be testing these changes.

    Tim

    > Over the last two days I've pushed out a new ipconfig, some small
    > utilities, and changes to the kernel and manual pages. ipconfig(8) is
    > a good place to start. ipconfig is now able to configure more of the
    > ipv6 stack, in particular automatically configuring the link-local
    > address and enabling sending or receiving of router advertisements.
    >
    > I haven't been able to test the IPv6 functionality very thoroughly
    > here, though it does seem to work at least minimally. Feedback on the
    > new ipconfig from people who are using IPv6 is welcomed.
    >
    > The ipv6 attribute is now documented in ndb(6), but the trade-off
    > between just using an ip attribute with an IPv6 address and using the
    > ipv6 attribute is not yet obvious to me.
    >
    > One thing we don't have yet is DHCPv6. The sheer size of the stack of
    > paper that is the DHCPv6 RFCs is daunting.

+ Reply to Thread