about acme! - Plan9

This is a discussion on about acme! - Plan9 ; hello, how can i make acme or sam to tell me which line of text my cursor is at or maybe how could i jump to a particular line number of text in either of the editors thanks...

  1. about acme!

    hello,

    how can i make acme or sam to tell me which line of text my cursor is
    at
    or maybe how could i jump to a particular line number of text in
    either of the editors

    thanks

  2. Re: [9fans] about acme!

    * sameer [070420 11:01]:
    > hello,
    >
    > how can i make acme or sam to tell me which line of text my cursor is
    > at
    > or maybe how could i jump to a particular line number of text in
    > either of the editors

    For acme execute 'Edit ='. See also the Tip 'o the day page on the
    wiki

    Cheers,

    Christian

    --
    You may use my gpg key for replies:
    pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

  3. Re: [9fans] about acme!

    also try one of these little known secrets

    man acme

    page /sys/doc/acme/acme.ps

    or you could plumb

    acme(4)

    /sys/doc/acme/acme.ps

    >* sameer [070420 11:01]:
    >

    >>hello,
    >>
    >>how can i make acme or sam to tell me which line of text my cursor is
    >>at
    >>or maybe how could i jump to a particular line number of text in
    >>either of the editors
    >>

    >For acme execute 'Edit ='. See also the Tip 'o the day page on the
    >wiki
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Christian

  4. Re: [9fans] about acme!

    thnx i'll try

    On 4/20/07, Christian Kellermann wrote:

    > * sameer [070420 11:01]:
    > > hello,
    > >
    > > how can i make acme or sam to tell me which line of text my cursor is
    > > at
    > > or maybe how could i jump to a particular line number of text in
    > > either of the editors

    > For acme execute 'Edit ='. See also the Tip 'o the day page on the
    > wiki
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Christian
    >
    > --
    > You may use my gpg key for replies:
    > pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

  5. Re: about acme!

    "sameer" wrote...
    > how can i make acme or sam to tell me which line of text my cursor is
    > at
    > or maybe how could i jump to a particular line number of text in
    > either of the editors

    In the sam command window, .= will print the current value of dot
    (cursor location or highlighted character sequence). including the
    line number. And typing in a line number (then newline) will move
    dot to that line.

  6. RE: [9fans] Re: about acme!

    in acme :30 moves to line 30,
    :; moves to the EOF

    > how can i make acme or sam to tell me which line of text my cursor is
    > at
    > or maybe how could i jump to a particular line number of text in
    > either of the editors

    In the sam command window, .= will print the current value of dot
    (cursor location or highlighted character sequence). including the
    line number. And typing in a line number (then newline) will move
    dot to that line.

+ Reply to Thread