[9fans] p9p acme woe - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] p9p acme woe - Plan9 ; Hi, In plan9port acme, if I select text in window $winid and write "addr=dot" to acme/$winid/ctl, acme/$winid/addr doesn't change. Am I doing something wrong? Writing an address to acme/$winid/addr and "dot=addr" to acme/$winid/ctl changes the selection, though. Is there a ...

  1. [9fans] p9p acme woe

    Hi,

    In plan9port acme, if I select text in window $winid and write
    "addr=dot" to acme/$winid/ctl, acme/$winid/addr doesn't change. Am I
    doing something wrong?

    Writing an address to acme/$winid/addr and "dot=addr" to
    acme/$winid/ctl changes the selection, though.

    Is there a better way, other than writing "addr=dot" and reading
    /addr, for an external script to know the position of selected text in
    an acme window?

    Thanks,
    Alex Kritikos

  2. Re: [9fans] p9p acme woe

    > In plan9port acme, if I select text in window $winid and write
    > "addr=dot" to acme/$winid/ctl, acme/$winid/addr doesn't change. Am I
    > doing something wrong?
    >
    > Writing an address to acme/$winid/addr and "dot=addr" to
    > acme/$winid/ctl changes the selection, though.
    >
    > Is there a better way, other than writing "addr=dot" and reading
    > /addr, for an external script to know the position of selected text in
    > an acme window?

    You need to hold the files open, which you can't easily
    do in shell scripts. Try the acme(3) library.

    Russ

+ Reply to Thread