[9fans] Globals in cc -- where defined? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Globals in cc -- where defined? - Plan9 ; I'm not finding the definition of the global variables declared in /sys/src/cmd/cc/cc.h — nearline and lineno, for instance. I thought there might be some game played with the #ifndef EXTERN #define EXTERN extern #endif lines, but grep doesn't find EXTERN ...

  1. [9fans] Globals in cc -- where defined?

    I'm not finding the definition of the global variables declared in
    /sys/src/cmd/cc/cc.h — nearline and lineno, for instance. I thought
    there might be some game played with the
    #ifndef EXTERN
    #define EXTERN extern
    #endif
    lines, but grep doesn't find EXTERN defined in any file in
    /sys/src/cmd/cc or in /sys/src/cmd/8c.

    I tried src -s, but that only finds function definitions, not
    variables — why is that, by the way?

    Clues? Am I missing something really obvious?

    --Joel

  2. Re: [9fans] Globals in cc -- where defined?

    EXTERN is usually defined in ?c/list.c
    you probably just missed it in the noise.

  3. Re: [9fans] Globals in cc -- where defined?

    On 4/17/07, Charles Forsyth wrote:
    > EXTERN is usually defined in ?c/list.c
    > you probably just missed it in the noise.

    Found it there; thanks.
    --Joel

+ Reply to Thread