Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group - Plan9 ; USENIX BoF in June in Santa Clara? -eric On 4/11/07, Lawrence E. Bakst wrote: > Does anyone who wants to attend live or work in the Pleasanton or Hayward areas and might be able to contribute a location there? They ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

  1. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    USENIX BoF in June in Santa Clara?

    -eric

    On 4/11/07, Lawrence E. Bakst wrote:
    > Does anyone who wants to attend live or work in the Pleasanton or Hayward areas and might be able to contribute a location there? They are both nice halfway points for almost everyone in the Bay area.
    >
    > I *might* be able to find something in Pleasanton. Give me a few days.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > leb
    >

    > At 4:32 PM -0700 4/10/07, ron minnich wrote:
    > >I'm going to look for a place we can meet. I will let you know.
    > >Warning, my first choice will be livermore, since I live here :-)
    > >
    > >ron

  2. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    On 4/11/07, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > USENIX BoF in June in Santa Clara?

    see you there.

    ron

  3. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    I live 3 hours from the Bay Area, but would definitely want to attend
    a meeting for 9fans.

    If no meeting space can be found for a Plan 9 users group, might I
    suggest attending SuperHappyDevHouse? It's an almost-monthly party for
    "hackers and thinkers". An influx of Plan 9 hackers would be very
    welcome :-)

    To learn more about SuperHappyDevHouse, visit http://shdh.org.
    To see what the party looks like, see http://flickr.com/photos/tags/shdh/

    On 4/11/07, ron minnich wrote:
    > On 4/11/07, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > > USENIX BoF in June in Santa Clara?

    > see you there.
    >
    > ron

  4. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    On 4/11/07, Joel Franusic wrote:

    > If no meeting space can be found for a Plan 9 users group, might I
    > suggest attending SuperHappyDevHouse? It's an almost-monthly party for
    > "hackers and thinkers". An influx of Plan 9 hackers would be very
    > welcome :-)

    looks like fun, I am on travel the april 28 one but june 9 is a possibility.

    I have found I can get a free room at livermore library for a small
    number -- single digits -- of people.

    If we can't do better that might be a start. If we had a plan 9 .org I
    can rent a larger room as needed.

    ron

  5. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    Hello everyone,
    FWIW, I can set up a meeting on the Google campus in Mountain View, if
    that's more convenient. Depending on when the meeting is, a 20+ person room
    with video conferencing and catering should be easy.

    On 4/12/07, ron minnich wrote:

    > On 4/11/07, Joel Franusic wrote:
    >
    > > If no meeting space can be found for a Plan 9 users group, might I
    > > suggest attending SuperHappyDevHouse? It's an almost-monthly party for
    > > "hackers and thinkers". An influx of Plan 9 hackers would be very
    > > welcome :-)

    > looks like fun, I am on travel the april 28 one but june 9 is a
    > possibility.
    >

    > I have found I can get a free room at livermore library for a small
    > number -- single digits -- of people.
    >
    > If we can't do better that might be a start. If we had a plan 9 .org I
    > can rent a larger room as needed.
    >
    > ron

  6. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    I can get there if it's after next week ...

    ron

  7. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 15:34 -0700, David Hendricks wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    > FWIW, I can set up a meeting on the Google campus in Mountain View,
    > if that's more convenient. Depending on when the meeting is, a 20+
    > person room with video conferencing and catering should be easy.

    Personally -- I'd love that!

    Thanks,
    Roman.

    P.S. Full disclosure: Google campus is a 10 minutes drive from my
    place ;-)

  8. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    Grumble. Where did all you people come from? When I posted about 2
    years ago to this list when I was living there, nobody wanted to get
    together

    --dho

    2007/4/14, Roman Shaposhnik :
    > On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 15:34 -0700, David Hendricks wrote:
    > > Hello everyone,
    > > FWIW, I can set up a meeting on the Google campus in Mountain View,
    > > if that's more convenient. Depending on when the meeting is, a 20+
    > > person room with video conferencing and catering should be easy.

    > Personally -- I'd love that!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Roman.
    >
    > P.S. Full disclosure: Google campus is a 10 minutes drive from my
    > place ;-)

  9. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    On 4/14/07, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
    > Grumble. Where did all you people come from? When I posted about 2
    > years ago to this list when I was living there, nobody wanted to get
    > together

    You offering to host a 9fans shindig in New York, maybe? ☺

    --Joel

  10. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    like ron, i can make it if it's after next week.

    --
    Christopher Nielsen
    "They who can give up essential liberty for temporary

  11. Re: [9fans] CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    2007/4/14, Joel C. Salomon :
    > On 4/14/07, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
    > > Grumble. Where did all you people come from? When I posted about 2
    > > years ago to this list when I was living there, nobody wanted to get
    > > together

    > You offering to host a 9fans shindig in New York, maybe? ☺
    >
    > --Joel

    Sure, I'm about 2 hours north of the city, but I don't mind travelling
    there / picking people up around my place. There's good pizza / beer /
    wine everywhere...

    --dho

  12. Re: CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    On Apr 12, 9:06 am, rminn...@gmail.com (ron minnich) wrote:
    > On 4/11/07, Joel Franusic wrote:

    FWIW, I can reserve a conference room on Google's campus in Mountain
    View if that's more convenient. A 20+ person room with video
    conferencing should be easy. Catering service can be provided as well
    if we plan carefully.

    Perhaps we should try to make a sign-up Wiki somewhere?

    > > If no meeting space can be found for a Plan 9 users group, might I
    > > suggest attending SuperHappyDevHouse? It's an almost-monthly party for
    > > "hackers and thinkers". An influx of Plan 9 hackers would be very
    > > welcome :-)

    > looks like fun, I am on travel the april 28 one but june 9 is a possibility.
    >
    > I have found I can get a free room at livermore library for a small
    > number -- single digits -- of people.
    >
    > If we can't do better that might be a start. If we had a plan 9 .org I
    > can rent a larger room as needed.
    >
    > ron

  13. Re: [9fans] Re: CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    David,

    A sign-up Wiki (9fans.pbwiki.com is available!) and/or an event on
    Upcoming.org would be great!

    Semi-related: I just got word that the next SHDH will be in Los Gatos
    on May 5th. 2pm to 2am.

    On 4/16/07, David Hendricks wrote:
    > On Apr 12, 9:06 am, rminn...@gmail.com (ron minnich) wrote:
    > > On 4/11/07, Joel Franusic wrote:
    > >

    > FWIW, I can reserve a conference room on Google's campus in Mountain
    > View if that's more convenient. A 20+ person room with video
    > conferencing should be easy. Catering service can be provided as well
    > if we plan carefully.
    >
    > Perhaps we should try to make a sign-up Wiki somewhere?
    >
    > > > If no meeting space can be found for a Plan 9 users group, might I
    > > > suggest attending SuperHappyDevHouse? It's an almost-monthly party for
    > > > "hackers and thinkers". An influx of Plan 9 hackers would be very
    > > > welcome :-)

    > > looks like fun, I am on travel the april 28 one but june 9 is a possibility.
    > >
    > > I have found I can get a free room at livermore library for a small
    > > number -- single digits -- of people.
    > >
    > > If we can't do better that might be a start. If we had a plan 9 .org I
    > > can rent a larger room as needed.
    > >
    > > ron

  14. Re: [9fans] Re: CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    On 4/16/07, David Hendricks wrote:

    > FWIW, I can reserve a conference room on Google's campus in Mountain
    > View if that's more convenient. A 20+ person room with video
    > conferencing should be easy. Catering service can be provided as well
    > if we plan carefully.

    I`m sure that not the only one that would be interested in attending
    via video conferencing. Once available could someone kindly provide
    the connection details? Or if anyone has iChat, that might work as
    well.

    --Vester

  15. Re: [9fans] Re: CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    what day would people prefer? thursday is good for me, mon-wed at
    least next week are a bit harder (FCCM conflict)

    ron

  16. Re: [9fans] Re: CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    thursday works for me.

    --
    Christopher Nielsen
    "They who can give up essential liberty for temporary
    safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

  17. Re: [9fans] Re: CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    I checked out a few wiki sites and pbwiki seems to be the easiest. Everyone
    who wants to attend should feel free to log in to
    http://9fans.pbwiki.com/Bay-Area-9fans-Meeting using the password
    "factotum" to add your name and suggest a time that's convenient.

    On 4/16/07, Joel Franusic wrote:

    > David,
    >
    > A sign-up Wiki (9fans.pbwiki.com is available!) and/or an event on
    > Upcoming.org would be great!
    >
    > Semi-related: I just got word that the next SHDH will be in Los Gatos
    > on May 5th. 2pm to 2am.
    >
    > On 4/16/07, David Hendricks wrote:
    > > On Apr 12, 9:06 am, rminn...@gmail.com (ron minnich) wrote:
    > > > On 4/11/07, Joel Franusic wrote:
    > > >

    > > FWIW, I can reserve a conference room on Google's campus in Mountain
    > > View if that's more convenient. A 20+ person room with video
    > > conferencing should be easy. Catering service can be provided as well
    > > if we plan carefully.
    > >
    > > Perhaps we should try to make a sign-up Wiki somewhere?

    > for
    > > >
    > > > looks like fun, I am on travel the april 28 one but june 9 is a

    > possibility.
    > > >
    > > > I have found I can get a free room at livermore library for a small
    > > > number -- single digits -- of people.
    > > >
    > > > If we can't do better that might be a start. If we had a plan 9 .org I
    > > > can rent a larger room as needed.
    > > >
    > > > ron

  18. Re: [9fans] Re: CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    I guess nobody noticed we got a perfectly fine working wiki for Plan 9
    at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/plan_9_wiki/

    uriel

    P.S.: Actually, it sucks, but not more than other wikis.

    On 4/17/07, David Hendricks wrote:
    > I checked out a few wiki sites and pbwiki seems to be the easiest. Everyone
    > who wants to attend should feel free to log in to
    > http://9fans.pbwiki.com/Bay-Area-9fans-Meeting using the
    > password "factotum" to add your name and
    > suggest a time that's convenient.
    >

    > On 4/16/07, Joel Franusic < joel@sargo.com> wrote:
    > > David,
    > >
    > > A sign-up Wiki (9fans.pbwiki.com is available!) and/or an event on
    > > Upcoming.org would be great!
    > >
    > > Semi-related: I just got word that the next SHDH will be in Los Gatos
    > > on May 5th. 2pm to 2am.

    > > > FWIW, I can reserve a conference room on Google's campus in Mountain
    > > > View if that's more convenient. A 20+ person room with video
    > > > conferencing should be easy. Catering service can be provided as well
    > > > if we plan carefully.
    > > >
    > > > Perhaps we should try to make a sign-up Wiki somewhere?

    > for

    > possibility.

  19. Re: [9fans] Re: CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    if you think things suck so much, then either do something about it or shut up.

    --
    Christopher Nielsen
    "They who can give up essential liberty for temporary
    safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

  20. Re: [9fans] Re: CA Bay Area Plan9 users group

    that wasn't meant to go to the list. sorry.