[9fans] Does Plan 9 have antialiased fonts? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Does Plan 9 have antialiased fonts? - Plan9 ; On plan9port, the edges of characters are jagged when looked at up close. Not antialiased.[*] Now the text on a native Plan 9 system is going to be the same way; right? Thank you in advance. [*] I last downloaded ...

  1. [9fans] Does Plan 9 have antialiased fonts?

    On plan9port, the edges of characters are jagged when looked at
    up close. Not antialiased.[*]

    Now the text on a native Plan 9 system is going to be the
    same way; right?

    Thank you in advance.
    [*] I last downloaded plan9port almost a year ago, July 2006, but
    it is unlikely that it has changed since then in a way that is
    relevant to my question.

  2. Re: [9fans] Does Plan 9 have antialiased fonts?

    1. download /n/sources/contrib/quanstro/antialias.tar
    2. unpack in $PLAN9/font.
    3. set font = $PLAN9/font/cyberbit/mod14.font in .xinitrc.

    simple stems to having subpixel antilaised fonts with plan 9

    1. download /n/sources/contrib/quanstro/antialias.tar
    2. unpack in /lib/font/bit
    3. set font = /lib/font/bit/cyberbit/mod14.font in $home/lib/profile.

    - erik
    On Thu Apr 5 21:24:48 EDT 2007, ru@river.org wrote:
    > On plan9port, the edges of characters are jagged when looked at
    > up close. Not antialiased.[*]
    >
    > Now the text on a native Plan 9 system is going to be the
    > same way; right?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    >[*] I last downloaded plan9port almost a year ago, July 2006, but
    > it is unlikely that it has changed since then in a way that is
    > relevant to my question.

  3. Re: [9fans] Does Plan 9 have antialiased fonts?

  4. Re: Does Plan 9 have antialiased fonts?

    On Apr 6, 9:37 pm, mattmob...@proweb.co.uk (matt) wrote:
    > http://9grid.net/andrey/p9/freetype/
    >
    > result number 9 for my google search :http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pla...+aliased+fonts

    Freetype is a good thing i converted many $MS fonts from my windows
    box to Plan9 fonts. looks good now

+ Reply to Thread