Re: [9fans] writing 9p servers and clients under gnu/linux - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] writing 9p servers and clients under gnu/linux - Plan9 ; On 3/30/07, Enrico Weigelt wrote: > I'd like to do some experiments with 9p and write some little > servers and clients for running on Unix systems (ie. GNU/Linux). > > There are some packages (ie.u9fs and npfs) but they ...

  1. Re: [9fans] writing 9p servers and clients under gnu/linux

    On 3/30/07, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
    > I'd like to do some experiments with 9p and write some little
    > servers and clients for running on Unix systems (ie. GNU/Linux).
    >
    > There are some packages (ie.u9fs and npfs) but they neither
    > worked for me, nor did I find any documentaion
    >
    > Any tips ?

    You really want spfs (which is under the npfs directory). Either
    Lucho or I can help you with any problems you are having. I also have
    some half-formed developer works articles on writing file systems with
    npfs that I can send you.

    -eric

  2. Re: [9fans] writing 9p servers and clients under gnu/linux

    one can also use p9p.

    - erik

    On Fri Mar 30 08:08:34 EDT 2007, ericvh@gmail.com wrote:
    > On 3/30/07, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
    > > I'd like to do some experiments with 9p and write some little
    > > servers and clients for running on Unix systems (ie. GNU/Linux).
    > >
    > > There are some packages (ie.u9fs and npfs) but they neither
    > > worked for me, nor did I find any documentaion
    > >
    > > Any tips ?
    > >

    > You really want spfs (which is under the npfs directory). Either
    > Lucho or I can help you with any problems you are having. I also have
    > some half-formed developer works articles on writing file systems with
    > npfs that I can send you.
    >
    > -eric

  3. Re: [9fans] writing 9p servers and clients under gnu/linux

    You can use Inferno too.

    For a list of other options see also http://cat-v.org/9p/ spfs is not
    there because as far as I know there have been no spfs releases so
    far, when lucho releases a tarball (and I hope posts an announcement
    to 9p-hackers) I will add it.

    Best wishes

    uriel

    On 3/30/07, erik quanstrom wrote:
    > one can also use p9p.
    >
    > - erik
    >
    > On Fri Mar 30 08:08:34 EDT 2007, ericvh@gmail.com wrote:
    > > On 3/30/07, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
    > > > I'd like to do some experiments with 9p and write some little
    > > > servers and clients for running on Unix systems (ie. GNU/Linux).
    > > >
    > > > There are some packages (ie.u9fs and npfs) but they neither
    > > > worked for me, nor did I find any documentaion
    > > >
    > > > Any tips ?
    > > >

    > > You really want spfs (which is under the npfs directory). Either
    > > Lucho or I can help you with any problems you are having. I also have
    > > some half-formed developer works articles on writing file systems with
    > > npfs that I can send you.
    > >
    > > -eric

+ Reply to Thread