Re: [9fans] fossil+venti backup question - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] fossil+venti backup question - Plan9 ; YAMANASHI Takeshi wrote: >>> ; mount /srv/kibbiee /n/other other >>> ; mount /srv/kibbiee /n/dump dump >>> >>> >> ^^ this is exactly what id like to do >> to have a plan9 machine at work (which is the best way ...

  1. Re: [9fans] fossil+venti backup question

    YAMANASHI Takeshi wrote:
    >>> ; mount /srv/kibbiee /n/other other
    >>> ; mount /srv/kibbiee /n/dump dump
    >>>

    >> ^^ this is exactly what id like to do
    >> to have a plan9 machine at work (which is the best way to learn plan9
    >> becouse my spare time is very limited and at work i am forced to play
    >> with it)
    >>

    > Pardon me, but with what are you forced to play at work? Plan 9? (O_O)
    >
    > You can take archival snapshots in arbitrary timing by running
    > "echo fsys main snap -a >> /srv/fscons" periodically with cron.
    >
    > One more thing that fossil is different from fossil+venti is that
    > same block contents won't be coalesced to a single block without venti.

    I am not forced : ) that is my problem. I want a plan9 machine becouse i
    want to play with it and i want to be forced to play with it during work
    hours since my free time is really limited
    can fossil snapshots be mounted like the dump filesystem?

  2. Re: [9fans] fossil+venti backup question

    >can fossil snapshots be mounted like the dump filesystem?

    h% 9fs snap
    h% ls /n/snap/2007
    /n/snap/2007/0322
    /n/snap/2007/0323
    /n/snap/2007/0324
    /n/snap/2007/0325
    /n/snap/2007/0326
    /n/snap/2007/0327
    /n/snap/2007/0328
    /n/snap/2007/0329
    /n/snap/2007/0330
    h% ls /n/snap/2007/0330
    /n/snap/2007/0330/0000
    /n/snap/2007/0330/0100
    /n/snap/2007/0330/0200
    /n/snap/2007/0330/0300
    /n/snap/2007/0330/0400
    /n/snap/2007/0330/0500
    /n/snap/2007/0330/0600
    /n/snap/2007/0330/0700

  3. Re: [9fans] fossil+venti backup question

    >>can fossil snapshots be mounted like the dump filesystem?
    >
    > h% 9fs snap
    > h% ls /n/snap/2007
    > /n/snap/2007/0322

    you also have:

    g% 9fs dump
    g% ls /n/dump/2007
    /n/dump/2007/0118
    /n/dump/2007/0216
    /n/dump/2007/0224
    /n/dump/2007/0225
    /n/dump/2007/0301

    Federico G. Benavento

    ---
    /bin/fortune:
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in any immediate danger of having just committed suicide!

+ Reply to Thread