[9fans] cpdir - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] cpdir - Plan9 ; I give up: what is cpdir? Russ...

  1. [9fans] cpdir

    I give up: what is cpdir?

    Russ

  2. Re: [9fans] cpdir

    We have one which is a recursive cp of a directory using tar, but you are not
    talking about that are you?.

    --
    - curiosity sKilled the cat

  3. Re: [9fans] cpdir

    hello

    i think he is speaking about /n/sources/contrib/arisawa/cpdir/README

    :-?

    slds.

    gabi

    On 3/26/07, Gorka Guardiola wrote:
    > We have one which is a recursive cp of a directory using tar, but you are not
    > talking about that are you?.
    >
    > On 3/26/07, Russ Cox wrote:
    > > I give up: what is cpdir?
    > >
    > > Russ
    > >

    > --
    > - curiosity sKilled the cat

  4. Re: [9fans] cpdir

    i still don't understand why this doesn't duplicate the
    functionality of disk/mkfs. according to the comment in mkfs.c

    * name: cpdir
    * version: 1.5e
    * date: 2005/02/19
    * os: plan9 v4
    * usage: cpdir [-mstugvR] [-l file] srcdir dstdir [path ...]
    * srcdir: source directory
    * dstdir: destination directory
    * path: path to copy. file or directory.
    * -m: merge (this option is used if dstdir is already exist)
    * -u: copy owner info.
    * -g: copy groupe info.
    * -v: verbose
    * -R: remove redundant files in destination
    * -s: safe mode in removing files; just renames foo to _foo
    * -t: ignore mtime
    * -l file: path list and pattern list file
    *
    * path or pattern list is a file that contains path or pattern per line.

    - erik

    On Mon Mar 26 09:27:19 EDT 2007, gabidiaz@gmail.com wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > i think he is speaking about /n/sources/contrib/arisawa/cpdir/README
    >
    > :-?
    >
    > slds.
    >
    > gabi
    >

    > On 3/26/07, Gorka Guardiola wrote:
    > > We have one which is a recursive cp of a directory using tar, but you are not
    > > talking about that are you?.
    > >
    > > On 3/26/07, Russ Cox wrote:
    > > > I give up: what is cpdir?
    > > >
    > > > Russ

  5. Re: [9fans] cpdir

    Hello

    Current disk/mkfs works similar to cpdir
    disk/mkfs -s foo -d bar /sys/lib/proto/allproto
    However old mkfs had not -d option.
    Cpdir was designed and coded at that time of Plan 9 (ver.2),
    so that I can make a copy of directory more handy.

    Cpdir has a functionality that is different from disk/mkfs.

    Kenji Arisawa

    On 2007/03/26, at 22:31, erik quanstrom wrote:

    > i still don't understand why this doesn't duplicate the
    > functionality of disk/mkfs. according to the comment in mkfs.c
    >
    > * name: cpdir
    > * version: 1.5e
    > * date: 2005/02/19
    > * os: plan9 v4
    > * usage: cpdir [-mstugvR] [-l file] srcdir dstdir [path ...]
    > * srcdir: source directory
    > * dstdir: destination directory
    > * path: path to copy. file or directory.
    > * -m: merge (this option is used if dstdir is already exist)
    > * -u: copy owner info.
    > * -g: copy groupe info.
    > * -v: verbose
    > * -R: remove redundant files in destination
    > * -s: safe mode in removing files; just renames foo to _foo
    > * -t: ignore mtime
    > * -l file: path list and pattern list file
    > *
    > * path or pattern list is a file that contains path or pattern per
    > line.
    >

    > - erik
    >
    > On Mon Mar 26 09:27:19 EDT 2007, gabidiaz@gmail.com wrote:
    >> hello
    >>
    >> i think he is speaking about /n/sources/contrib/arisawa/cpdir/README
    >>
    >> :-?
    >>
    >> slds.
    >>
    >> gabi
    >>

    >> On 3/26/07, Gorka Guardiola wrote:
    >>> We have one which is a recursive cp of a directory using tar, but
    >>> you are not
    >>> talking about that are you?.

+ Reply to Thread