[9fans] libpanel or libcontrol? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] libpanel or libcontrol? - Plan9 ; any recommendations which i should use: libpanel or libcontrol?...

  1. [9fans] libpanel or libcontrol?

    any recommendations which i should use: libpanel or libcontrol?

  2. Re: [9fans] libpanel or libcontrol?

    > any recommendations which i should use: libpanel or libcontrol?

    It deppends, if you want a more traditional approach to gui development
    use libpanel which is event driven, otherwise if you feel more confortable
    sending messages over Channels use conrol(2).

    I wrote a trivial a slider to set the audio volume, just to play with control(2).
    /n/sources/contrib/fgb/slider.c

    hth

    Federico G. Benavento

    ---
    /bin/fortune:
    You can tell a man by the company that keeps him.

  3. Re: [9fans] libpanel or libcontrol?

    libpanel is not in the distribution. you may have
    it because mothra depends on it. but mothra's
    not in the distribution either.

    - erik

    On Mon Mar 26 03:52:15 EDT 2007, 9nut@9netics.com wrote:
    > any recommendations which i should use: libpanel or libcontrol?

+ Reply to Thread