[9fans] Getting output from plot(1) - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Getting output from plot(1) - Plan9 ; I'm writing a little script to make venti usage graphs, and now that I'm near the end I'm trying to use plot(1) to plot my data. However, I can't seem to figure out any way of actually getting plot's output ...

  1. [9fans] Getting output from plot(1)

    I'm writing a little script to make venti usage graphs, and now that
    I'm near the end I'm trying to use plot(1) to plot my data. However, I
    can't seem to figure out any way of actually getting plot's output
    into something like a png file. Suggestions?
    Thanks

    John Floren
    --
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

  2. Re: [9fans] Getting output from plot(1)

    the only output driver for plot on plan9 is /dev/draw, you can
    display it and then grab the image from /dev/wsys - not so easy
    from cron though.

    You could use grap(1) but you can only get to ps and pdf
    from there (I think).

    -Steve

  3. Re: [9fans] Getting output from plot(1)

    why not save the plot(6) format output and format it later?

    the easy solution is to have plot(1) create an image.

    it would be even more interesting if rio could use a fake
    framebuffer.

    it's a short step from 1 fake frame buffer to n fake
    framebuffers and 1 real one. this has got to be more
    interesting that porting the sdmv50xx driver to the cpu
    kernel. ;-)

    - erik

  4. Re: [9fans] Getting output from plot(1)

    hola,

    I think gabriel diaz wrote something like what you are looking for,
    it's somewhere in www.9grid.es (I can't tell where, because it's not
    reachable from here.)

    On 3/22/07, John Floren wrote:
    > I'm writing a little script to make venti usage graphs, and now that
    > I'm near the end I'm trying to use plot(1) to plot my data. However, I
    > can't seem to figure out any way of actually getting plot's output
    > into something like a png file. Suggestions?
    > Thanks
    >
    > John Floren
    > --
    > Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  5. Re: [9fans] Getting output from plot(1)

    hello

    power outage, it will up up soon, i have done a small tool to print
    snmp values using libmemdraw. it should be on
    sources/contrib/gabidiaz/snmp.tbz (drawvars.c)

    slds.

    gabi

    On 3/23/07, Federico Benavento wrote:
    > hola,
    >
    > I think gabriel diaz wrote something like what you are looking for,
    > it's somewhere in www.9grid.es (I can't tell where, because it's not
    > reachable from here.)
    >
    > On 3/22/07, John Floren wrote:
    > > I'm writing a little script to make venti usage graphs, and now that
    > > I'm near the end I'm trying to use plot(1) to plot my data. However, I
    > > can't seem to figure out any way of actually getting plot's output
    > > into something like a png file. Suggestions?
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > John Floren
    > > --
    > > Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    > >

    > --
    > Federico G. Benavento

+ Reply to Thread