On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 01:13:18PM -0600, Colin DeVilbiss wrote:
>On a whim, I just went back and changed the code to set the length to
>1 for rules and 0 for everything else, after which "cat" and "head"
>worked, but things like "tail" and "less" behaved rather badly.
>
>MacFUSE must be making decisions about the "actual" filesize based on
>the stat value, and changing the behavior of read() accordingly.

I'd be interested in the debugging output for files that actually work.
Your initial debugging output shows an iounit of 0 on Ropen calls, and
if that's accurate, finding out why would be of some use.

--
Kris Maglione

The primary function of the design engineer is to make
things difficult for the fabricator and impossible
for the serviceman.