[9fans] error building dns.c - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] error building dns.c - Plan9 ; dns.c: 185 too many function arguments: convM2DNS Do I need a new compiler? I'll admit freely I don't think I've done this in a while :-) Dave...

  1. [9fans] error building dns.c

    dns.c: 185 too many function arguments: convM2DNS

    Do I need a new compiler?

    I'll admit freely I don't think I've done this in a while :-)

    Dave

  2. Re: [9fans] error building dns.c

    you need to sync your dns directory with sources.

    - erik

    On Wed Mar 21 19:49:51 EDT 2007, leimy2k@gmail.com wrote:
    > dns.c: 185 too many function arguments: convM2DNS
    >
    > Do I need a new compiler?
    >
    > I'll admit freely I don't think I've done this in a while :-)
    >
    > Dave

  3. Re: [9fans] error building dns.c

    The dns source on sources compiles. If you've just pulled and still
    can't compile it, just copy /sys/src/cmd/ndb from sources.

  4. Re: [9fans] error building dns.c

    On 3/21/07, geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
    > The dns source on sources compiles. If you've just pulled and still
    > can't compile it, just copy /sys/src/cmd/ndb from sources.

    yep just did a pull and it's not working... I'll copy it down.

  5. Re: [9fans] error building dns.c

    On 3/21/07, David Leimbach wrote:
    > On 3/21/07, geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
    > > The dns source on sources compiles. If you've just pulled and still
    > > can't compile it, just copy /sys/src/cmd/ndb from sources.
    > >

    > yep just did a pull and it's not working... I'll copy it down.

    When I build dns from /sys/src using "mk all" I get the error

    dns.c:185 too many function arguments: convM2DNS

    (I think line 185 is a blank line by the way, it was before)

    when I build from /sys/src/cmd/ndb, it compiles just fine.

    Dave

  6. Re: [9fans] error building dns.c

    could this dns.c be from snoopy? that has a convM2DNS on line 185 of dns.c

    - erik

    On Wed Mar 21 20:27:42 EDT 2007, leimy2k@gmail.com wrote:
    > On 3/21/07, David Leimbach wrote:
    > > On 3/21/07, geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
    > > > The dns source on sources compiles. If you've just pulled and still
    > > > can't compile it, just copy /sys/src/cmd/ndb from sources.
    > > >

    > > yep just did a pull and it's not working... I'll copy it down.
    > >

    > When I build dns from /sys/src using "mk all" I get the error
    >
    > dns.c:185 too many function arguments: convM2DNS
    >
    > (I think line 185 is a blank line by the way, it was before)
    >
    > when I build from /sys/src/cmd/ndb, it compiles just fine.
    >
    > Dave

  7. Re: [9fans] error building dns.c

    in fact this seems very likely. here's the problem:

    cpu% pwd
    /n/sources/plan9/sys/src/cmd/ip/snoopy
    cpu% grep M2DNS *.c
    dns.c: if((e = convM2DNS(m->ps, m->pe-m->ps, &dm, nil)) != nil){
    cpu% grep M2DNS ../../ndb/*.h
    /* convM2DNS.c */
    extern char* convM2DNS(uchar*, int, DNSmsg*);

    - erik

  8. Re: [9fans] error building dns.c

    Oh that's totally possible!!! UGH...

    --
    - Passage Matthew 5:37:
    But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever

  9. Re: [9fans] error building dns.c

    I've downgraded snoopy to match dns on sources.

+ Reply to Thread