[9fans] ELCR: 0E80 - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] ELCR: 0E80 - Plan9 ; Hello, When attempting to boot a fresh Plan 9 CD, I get a message saying ELCR: 0E80 and nothing proceeds to load after it. The computer is an IBM NetVista 6676, Pentium III with an "Intel(R) 8xx Chipset Video". Anyone ...

  1. [9fans] ELCR: 0E80

    Hello,

    When attempting to boot a fresh Plan 9 CD, I get a message saying
    ELCR: 0E80

    and nothing proceeds to load after it. The computer is an IBM NetVista
    6676, Pentium III with an "Intel(R) 8xx Chipset Video". Anyone had
    this problem before or knows what this message means? Google didn't
    help much.

    - Yosyp

  2. Re: [9fans] ELCR: 0E80

    It's not an error message; ELCR is an interrupt controller register
    (Edge/Level Control Register) and it's usually printed at boot.

  3. Re: [9fans] ELCR: 0E80

    How silly of me. Which I guess leads me to ask the next question, why
    it doesn't boot? All hardware seems to be supported as far as I could
    tell.

  4. Re: [9fans] ELCR: 0E80

    the next line in the output should be about pcirouting. it's likely
    it is poking at pci space in a way unacceptable to the chipset.

    what northbridge does your machine have?

    - erik

  5. Re: [9fans] ELCR: 0E80

    Installed Size: 128 MB / 512 MB (max)
    Technology: SDRAM - non-ECC
    Form Factor: DIMM 168-PIN
    Upgrade Rule: Max 256 MB module

    Type: AGP 2x - integrated
    Graphics Processor / Vendor: Intel 810
    Video Memory: Shared Video Memory (UMA)
    Installed Size: 11 MB / 11 MB (max)
    Max Resolution (external): 1600 x 1200 / 16-bit (64k colours)
    Supported Display Graphics: VGA (640x480), XGA (1024x768), SVGA
    (800x600), SXGA (1280x1024)
    Video Output Supported: RGB

    Straight from http://www.ciao.co.uk/IBM_NetVista_S40_6646__5362711 -
    my system is identical.

  6. Re: [9fans] ELCR: 0E80

    On 3/23/07, Yosyp Bin Laden wrote:

    > Straight from http://www.ciao.co.uk/IBM_NetVista_S40_6646__5362711 -
    > my system is identical.

    Looks like a 82815G. The MCH and ICH are integrated. Here is the
    datasheet: ftp://download.intel.com/design/chip...x/29071401.pdf .

+ Reply to Thread