[9fans] Recover - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Recover - Plan9 ; For those of you who asked for it, I finally posted recover in sources: /n/sources/contrib/paurea/recover4e.tgz -- - curiosity sKilled the cat...

  1. [9fans] Recover

    --
    - curiosity sKilled the cat

  2. Re: [9fans] Recover

    what does this do?

    - erik

    ---------

    For those of you who asked for it, I finally posted recover in sources:

    /n/sources/contrib/paurea/recover4e.tgz

  3. Re: [9fans] Recover

    http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/iwp9/cready/recover.pdf

    On 3/19/07, erik quanstrom wrote:
    > what does this do?
    >
    > - erik
    >
    > ---------
    >
    > For those of you who asked for it, I finally posted recover in sources:
    >
    > /n/sources/contrib/paurea/recover4e.tgz

    --
    - curiosity sKilled the cat

  4. Re: [9fans] Recover

    Hello Gorka,

    It seems Recover is working fine for my MacBook(Plan9 on Parallels).

    Thanks

    Kenji Arisawa

    On 2007/03/19, at 21:05, Gorka Guardiola wrote:

    > http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/iwp9/cready/recover.pdf
    >
    > On 3/19/07, erik quanstrom wrote:
    >> what does this do?
    >>
    >> - erik
    >>
    >> ---------
    >>
    >> For those of you who asked for it, I finally posted recover in
    >> sources:
    >>
    >> /n/sources/contrib/paurea/recover4e.tgz
    >>

    > --
    > - curiosity sKilled the cat

  5. Re: [9fans] Recover

    > For those of you who asked for it, I finally posted recover in sources:
    >
    > /n/sources/contrib/paurea/recover4e.tgz

    Gorka, how hard is it to (add a flag to) enable exclusive access so
    that I can run mail or upas/fs over a recoverable link? I believe
    they open the mail file exclusively only briefly for modifying it,
    so a connection failure can only cause problems at such times (and
    then you can generate errors until the file is closed).

    Sape

  6. Re: [9fans] Recover

    > Gorka, how hard is it to (add a flag to) enable exclusive access so
    > that I can run mail or upas/fs over a recoverable link? I believe
    > they open the mail file exclusively only briefly for modifying it,
    > so a connection failure can only cause problems at such times (and
    > then you can generate errors until the file is closed).

    You should just access your mailbox via another protocol
    like pop3 or imap. The way upas/fs uses lock files is just
    not safe to use with recover. If the network is flaky you will
    lose your mailbox.

    Russ

+ Reply to Thread