[9fans] qemu mouse - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] qemu mouse - Plan9 ; On my laptop I have a Plan 9 partition and Linux partition. When I boot the Plan9 partition natively, everything is fine. When I try to boot the Plan9 partition from within qemu a few things mess up, but the ...

  1. [9fans] qemu mouse

    On my laptop I have a Plan 9 partition and Linux partition. When I
    boot the Plan9 partition natively, everything is fine. When I try to
    boot the Plan9 partition from within qemu a few things mess up, but
    the one I can't seem to fix is the mouse. The mouse goes all crazy,
    jumping around and eventually banishing itself offscreen. I've tried
    all sorts of variations of commands sent to mousectl, but none of them
    seem to fix it. I don't remembering having this problem when I boot
    Plan 9 images installed within qemu. Anybody else run into this or
    have any ideas on how to fix?

    -eric

  2. Re: [9fans] qemu mouse

    On 3/18/07, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > On my laptop I have a Plan 9 partition and Linux partition. When I
    > boot the Plan9 partition natively, everything is fine. When I try to
    > boot the Plan9 partition from within qemu a few things mess up, but
    > the one I can't seem to fix is the mouse. The mouse goes all crazy,
    > jumping around and eventually banishing itself offscreen. I've tried
    > all sorts of variations of commands sent to mousectl, but none of them
    > seem to fix it. I don't remembering having this problem when I boot
    > Plan 9 images installed within qemu. Anybody else run into this or
    > have any ideas on how to fix?

    you probably need to set mouseport=ps2
    instead of mouseport=ps2intellimouse in plan9.ini.
    or something like that -- plan 9 and qemu certainly
    disagree about what the protocol is.

    russ

  3. Re: [9fans] qemu mouse

    > the one I can't seem to fix is the mouse. The mouse goes all crazy,
    > jumping around and eventually banishing itself offscreen. I've tried
    > all sorts of variations of commands sent to mousectl, but none of them

    i've seen that effect recently with a ps/2 mouse under plan 9 proper.
    i haven't narrowed it down.

  4. Re: [9fans] qemu mouse

    On 3/19/07, Russ Cox wrote:

    > you probably need to set mouseport=ps2
    > instead of mouseport=ps2intellimouse in plan9.ini.
    > or something like that -- plan 9 and qemu certainly
    > disagree about what the protocol is.

    mouseport is ps2, I'll try and free up some cycles to dig into it this
    week and see if I can figure out what's going on.

    -eric

+ Reply to Thread