[9fans] Some Abaco Questions - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Some Abaco Questions - Plan9 ; A while back, I was having some trouble opening certain web pages with contrib/fgb/abaco, so I switched to contrib/quanstro/abaco. I've been using the latter since; however, I'm having one difficulty that I haven't been able to sort out. In fgb/abaco, ...

  1. [9fans] Some Abaco Questions

    A while back, I was having some trouble opening certain web
    pages with contrib/fgb/abaco, so I switched to
    contrib/quanstro/abaco. I've been using the latter since;
    however, I'm having one difficulty that I haven't been able
    to sort out.

    In fgb/abaco, right click opens the link in a new window
    within the running abaco window, like clicking on a link
    outside abaco and invoking the plumber (By the way, does any
    “full-featured” web browser offer bookmark management as
    good as an ordinary text file plus the plumber? I think
    not.), but right clicking in a running window of
    quanstro/abaco doesn't do anything. Right clicking outside
    invokes the plumber as expected.

    I've made some half-hearted attempts to track this down by
    diff-ing the source files of both, but, as you've noticed in
    my previous posts, I always find myself needing to include
    disclaimers pointing out that my programming ability is
    minimal. So, so far, I've had no luck.

    Additionally, would it be easy to map the “Back” to a key?
    If I'm reading a long document, I find myself using “Page
    Down” instead of the mouse and thought it would be neat to
    have the Back function somewhere near there on the keyboard.

    Any guidance appreciated. I thought I might experiment with
    this this weekend.

    Greg

  2. Re: [9fans] Some Abaco Questions

    i'll take a look at this when i get a chance.

    - erik

    On Fri Feb 9 10:53:26 EST 2007, g.pavelcak@comcast.net wrote:
    > A while back, I was having some trouble opening certain web
    > pages with contrib/fgb/abaco, so I switched to
    > contrib/quanstro/abaco. I've been using the latter since;
    > however, I'm having one difficulty that I haven't been able
    > to sort out.
    >
    > In fgb/abaco, right click opens the link in a new window
    > within the running abaco window, like clicking on a link
    > outside abaco and invoking the plumber (By the way, does any
    > “full-featured” web browser offer bookmark management as
    > good as an ordinary text file plus the plumber? I think
    > not.), but right clicking in a running window of
    > quanstro/abaco doesn't do anything. Right clicking outside
    > invokes the plumber as expected.

+ Reply to Thread