[9fans] Inferno under Plan 9 (Was: My Plan9 setup notes) - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Inferno under Plan 9 (Was: My Plan9 setup notes) - Plan9 ; > As a newbie i also found difficulty in installing inferno on plan9. > the inferno's install.pdf is not comprehensive enough ( like your > install notes) Let me grab my chance right here. I get: term% emu ; wm/wm ...

  1. [9fans] Inferno under Plan 9 (Was: My Plan9 setup notes)

    > As a newbie i also found difficulty in installing inferno on plan9.
    > the inferno's install.pdf is not comprehensive enough ( like your
    > install notes)

    Let me grab my chance right here. I get:

    term% emu
    ; wm/wm
    attachwindow: cannot handle window depth specifier x8r8g8b8
    wmlib: can't allocate Display: initdisplay: /dev/draw/new: '/usr/inferno/dev/draw' file does not exist
    ;

    and I can't imagine where to start attacking this problem.
    Suggestions?

    ++L

  2. Re: [9fans] Inferno under Plan 9 (Was: My Plan9 setup notes)

    use the win.c i sent you many weeks ago?

  3. Re: [9fans] Inferno under Plan 9 (Was: My Plan9 setup notes)

    > use the win.c i sent you many weeks ago?

    Yes. That message got resurrected by rebooting my mail exchanger after
    it failed and, seemingly, after its mail queue sweeper had died
    undetected a while back.

    My apologies to all who may have been inconvenienced in any way.

    ++L

+ Reply to Thread