[9fans] acme Edit tagged regular expressions - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] acme Edit tagged regular expressions - Plan9 ; I guess Acme doesn't have these? So far I've managed to get on without them, using &, but I've had a few occasions when I just fall back into my old habits with vi and emacs replacements where I feel ...

  1. [9fans] acme Edit tagged regular expressions

    I guess Acme doesn't have these?

    So far I've managed to get on without them, using &, but I've had a
    few occasions when I just fall back into my old habits with vi and
    emacs replacements where I feel like I might need them.

    I guess Sam has these. Any reason not to include them in Acme.

    Or are they there and I'm just not seeing how to use them?

    Dave

  2. Re: [9fans] acme Edit tagged regular expressions

    hello

    you mean expressions like
    s/(patterna)(patternb)string(pattern3)/\3\2\1string/g ?

    those are supported by acme, all regexp supported by sam should be
    supported isn't it?

    gabi

    On 1/22/07, David Leimbach wrote:
    > I guess Acme doesn't have these?
    >
    > So far I've managed to get on without them, using &, but I've had a
    > few occasions when I just fall back into my old habits with vi and
    > emacs replacements where I feel like I might need them.
    >
    > I guess Sam has these. Any reason not to include them in Acme.
    >
    > Or are they there and I'm just not seeing how to use them?
    >
    > Dave

  3. Re: [9fans] acme Edit tagged regular expressions

    > I guess Acme doesn't have these?
    >
    > So far I've managed to get on without them, using &, but I've had a
    > few occasions when I just fall back into my old habits with vi and
    > emacs replacements where I feel like I might need them.
    >
    > I guess Sam has these. Any reason not to include them in Acme.
    >
    > Or are they there and I'm just not seeing how to use them?

    Acme's Edit command and sam's commands behave almost
    identically -- the only difference is that in acme, the k, n, q, and !
    commands are not implemented. But those don't have anything
    to do with regular expressions.

    Edit s/([^ ]+) ([^ ]+)/\2 \1/, if that is the kind of thing you mean,
    works just fine in acme.

    Russ

  4. Re: [9fans] acme Edit tagged regular expressions

    On 1/22/07, Russ Cox wrote:
    > > I guess Acme doesn't have these?
    > >
    > > So far I've managed to get on without them, using &, but I've had a
    > > few occasions when I just fall back into my old habits with vi and
    > > emacs replacements where I feel like I might need them.
    > >
    > > I guess Sam has these. Any reason not to include them in Acme.
    > >
    > > Or are they there and I'm just not seeing how to use them?

    > Acme's Edit command and sam's commands behave almost
    > identically -- the only difference is that in acme, the k, n, q, and !
    > commands are not implemented. But those don't have anything
    > to do with regular expressions.
    >
    > Edit s/([^ ]+) ([^ ]+)/\2 \1/, if that is the kind of thing you mean,
    > works just fine in acme.
    >
    > Russ

    Hmmm I wonder what I did wrong... I'll try again later :-)

+ Reply to Thread