[9fans] Dvorak Keymap? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Dvorak Keymap? - Plan9 ; Hello, How would I change the system keymap? More specifically, how would I change it to Dvorak? - Neil...

  1. [9fans] Dvorak Keymap?

    Hello,

    How would I change the system keymap? More specifically, how would I
    change it to Dvorak?

    - Neil

  2. Re: [9fans] Dvorak Keymap?

    There was an email (subjected "New to Plan9 Programming" or such) that
    had an answer to the keymap question. Search around, or 'man kbmap'.

  3. Re: [9fans] Dvorak Keymap?

    Hello,

    Well, I would but the graphical server is acting very glitchy at
    startup. /bin/rc claims that the directory /bin/lib doesn't exist,
    which causes a sort of framebuffer console to come up, meaning that it's
    higher-resolution than a VGA console, but not truly graphical.

    I also can't seem to view the manual page, since man doesn't bring up a
    pager. Does the shell support pipes, similar to a Bourne shell? Is
    there a pager I can use?

    - Neil

    On 23:18 Sat 20 Jan , Yosyp Bin Laden wrote:
    > There was an email (subjected "New to Plan9 Programming" or such) that
    > had an answer to the keymap question. Search around, or 'man kbmap'.

  4. Re: [9fans] Dvorak Keymap?

    hola,

    On 1/21/07, Neil Hodges wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Well, I would but the graphical server is acting very glitchy at
    > startup. /bin/rc claims that the directory /bin/lib doesn't exist,
    > which causes a sort of framebuffer console to come up, meaning that it's
    > higher-resolution than a VGA console, but not truly graphical.

    did you login as "glenda"? or if it's a new user did you "run /sys/lib/newuser"?

    > I also can't seem to view the manual page, since man doesn't bring up a
    > pager.

    of course it doesn't

    > Does the shell support pipes, similar to a Bourne shell?

    of course

    > Is there a pager I can use?

    p(1)

    --