[9fans] stuff - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] stuff - Plan9 ; Following the principals raised at ipw9 of openness and communication, I have created a file /n/sources/contrib/steve/Blog which contains some collected thoughts on what I have been playing with on plan9, and what I might play with next. I will probably ...

  1. [9fans] stuff

    Following the principals raised at ipw9 of openness and communication,
    I have created a file /n/sources/contrib/steve/Blog which
    contains some collected thoughts on what I have been playing with
    on plan9, and what I might play with next.

    I will probably update it... yearly, but maybe not - I tried.

    I also uploaded a rather feable attempt at a MS
    PowerPoint cracker: /n/sources/contrib/steve/pptfs.tbz.
    It generates a syntentic filesystem containing
    the images and text from each slide.

    I say feable as it somtimes pulls out internal labels
    as well as text, and much of its heuristics are guesswork
    due to the limited documentation on the file format.

    It is occasionally useful to me, but had I known I would
    have spent the time on somthing more productive.

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] stuff

    Steve Simon wrote:
    > I also uploaded a rather feable attempt at a MS
    > PowerPoint cracker... much of its heuristics are guesswork
    > due to the limited documentation on the file format.

    Can't you examine the code for Open Office Impress to help with that?
    OOI does fairly well at opening .ppt files.

  3. Re: [9fans] stuff

    > Can't you examine the code for Open Office Impress to help with that?
    > OOI does fairly well at opening .ppt files.

    I did look, (Google codesearch is your friend), but found
    nothing I could read.

    I did find some Microsoft documentation on www.wotsit.org, and
    openoffice have done a fair job of describing the Escher drawing
    records but there are big gaps.

    -Steve

  4. Re: [9fans] stuff

    Steve, i think it is great that you are doing this stuff, and logging it.

    Thanks

    ron

+ Reply to Thread