[9fans] AppleScript for Drawterm - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] AppleScript for Drawterm - Plan9 ; OK, this may be the height of laziness, but I just took my first look at AppleScript a few minutes ago. Does anyone have either an AppleScript or some other method for running drawterm with a mouse click on the ...

  1. [9fans] AppleScript for Drawterm

    OK, this may be the height of laziness, but I just took
    my first look at AppleScript a few minutes ago. Does
    anyone have either an AppleScript or some other method
    for running drawterm with a mouse click on the desktop
    or in the dock that he'd be willing to post? It would save
    me from opening Terminal and running a shell script.

    Oh. I'm on a PowerPC Mac Mini, OS X 10.4, if it matters.

    Thanks.

    Greg

  2. Re: [9fans] AppleScript for Drawterm

  3. Re: [9fans] AppleScript for Drawterm

    How do I use this to be able to click
    on an icon and launch drawterm?

  4. Re: [9fans] AppleScript for Drawterm

    You need to select "Save As" from the AppleScript editor and
    save your script as an application instead of a script.

    Greg

    > How do I use this to be able to click
    > on an icon and launch drawterm?
    >

    >> I have an AppleScript command that contains the single line:
    >>
    >> do shell script "/Users/plalonde/bin/drawterm -a p9cpu -c p9cpu"

  5. Re: [9fans] AppleScript for Drawterm

  6. Re: [9fans] AppleScript for Drawterm

  7. Re: [9fans] AppleScript for Drawterm

    i find that scripts executed via the mouse take / as their cwd, which
    is slightly annoying on plan9 as drawterm will successfully cd to /
    before running my profile. i made a small modification:

    do shell script "cd ~ && drawterm -a somebox -c somebox"

+ Reply to Thread