[9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge? - Plan9

  2. Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?

    I think Russ did a Fuse 9p implementation. It should even work on FreeBSD.

    Dave

    On 1/12/07, Paul Lalonde wrote:

  3. Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?

    there is indeed: see $PLAN9/src/cmd/9pfuse. i think this just made my day.

  4. Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?

    On 1/12/07, Anthony Sorace wrote:
    > there is indeed: see $PLAN9/src/cmd/9pfuse. i think this just made my day.

    Yeah I'm pretty psyched about the whole thing :-)

  5. Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?

    Nice for you (grump), still wishing for Win-Fuse,
    or even better Win-9p.

    There is MS technology to do this (IFS) but, when I started
    to look at it I got afraid, very afriad.

    -Steve

  6. Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?

    > there is indeed: see $PLAN9/src/cmd/9pfuse. i think this just made my day.

    make sure to use the Genuine Russ version of 9pfuse (as noted above).
    there is another package by the same name that is a toy.

  7. Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?

  8. Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?

    > The real question is if we can get iPhone to replace Bitsy :-)

    i was fantasizing about the same thing.

  9. Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?

    looks like at least (hopefully only) minor changes will be needed to
    9pfuse (and mount, but that's trivial). i'm looking into it now, but
    if i don't get it in the next 45 minutes, i won't have another chance
    to look at it until tuesday.

    on first pass, it looks like just mountfuse() in 9pfuse/fuse.c.

  10. Re: [9fans] Fuse to 9p bridge?

    I've got a basic version running for people who have the MacFUSE
    fusefs.kext installed. It's basically a reworking from the MacFUSE
    mount_bsd.c calls to the mount_fusefs (only check is how OSX ends up

    I'll send Russ the diffs since it also means that some of the rc
    scripts for mount|unmount need to be modified... or I can just post
    back to the list.

    jas

    On Jan 12, 2007, at 2:16 PM, Anthony Sorace wrote:

    > looks like at least (hopefully only) minor changes will be needed to
    > 9pfuse (and mount, but that's trivial). i'm looking into it now, but
    > if i don't get it in the next 45 minutes, i won't have another chance
    > to look at it until tuesday.
    >
    > on first pass, it looks like just mountfuse() in 9pfuse/fuse.c.

+ Reply to Thread