[9fans] of mouse and mac - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] of mouse and mac - Plan9 ; using the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's "Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000"[1] with drawterm on osx-ppc (locally built), any mouse wheel action rolls the page up [1] actual name...

  1. [9fans] of mouse and mac

    using the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's "Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000"[1] with
    drawterm on osx-ppc (locally built), any mouse wheel action rolls the page up

    [1] actual name

  2. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

    My IBM MO09BO (with the little blue thingy) scrolls too!
    My terminal running native Plan 9 should be getting nervous.

    > using the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's "Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000"[1] with
    > drawterm on osx-ppc (locally built), any mouse wheel action rolls the page up
    >
    > [1] actual name

  3. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

    On 1/12/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
    > using the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's "Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000"[1] with
    > drawterm on osx-ppc (locally built), any mouse wheel action rolls the page up

    Eventually you'll want to see the top of the page; the AI in the Happy
    Vertical Cursor Transporter is simply anticipating your desires,
    scrolling the page where you want before you know you want it!

    Share and enjoyâ„¢.

    --Joel

  4. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

    On 1/12/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
    > using the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's "Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000"[1] with
    > drawterm on osx-ppc (locally built), any mouse wheel action rolls the page up
    >
    > [1] actual name

    [2]

    Same here...

    [2] HAHAHAH

  5. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

  6. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

    I jus trealized what Skip meant, the mouse wheel only
    rolls the page up. My mouse works correctly.

    > I believe a change to gui-osx/screen.c 73 minutes ago fixes this;
    > Please let me know if it doesn't and I'll track down a mouse to
    > reproduce it.
    >
    > Paul
    >
    > On 12-Jan-07, at 10:31 AM, David Leimbach wrote:
    >
    >> On 1/12/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
    >>> using the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's "Wireless Notebook
    >>> Optical Mouse 3000"[1] with
    >>> drawterm on osx-ppc (locally built), any mouse wheel action rolls
    >>> the page up
    >>>
    >>> [1] actual name

    >> [2]
    >>>

    >> Same here...
    >>

    >> [2] HAHAHAH

  7. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

    just updated from cvs; now it works. thanks.

    >> I believe a change to gui-osx/screen.c 73 minutes ago fixes this;
    >> Please let me know if it doesn't and I'll track down a mouse to
    >> reproduce it.
    >>
    >> Paul

  8. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

    On 1/12/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
    > just updated from cvs; now it works. thanks.

    Hmmm, mine still only scrolls up. I've a Kensington trackball, not
    sure if that matters at all.

    I too just updated cvs and rebuilt.

    Dave

    > >> I believe a change to gui-osx/screen.c 73 minutes ago fixes this;
    > >> Please let me know if it doesn't and I'll track down a mouse to
    > >> reproduce it.
    > >>
    > >> Paul

  9. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

    i fixed the code in yesterday's patch, it shouldn't happen unless...

    in screen.c:378 the mouse delta was cast to short and overflew on my
    ibm mouse. if it isn't cast anymore in your code and if you've made
    sure you rebuilt the whole thing (gui-osx isn't in the dependency
    list, so touching screen.c won't necessarily mean it'll be recompiled
    the next time you run make in the root directory), try printing out
    the value of wheeldelta just above and see what sign it has.

    On 1/12/07, David Leimbach wrote:
    > On 1/12/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
    > > just updated from cvs; now it works. thanks.

    > Hmmm, mine still only scrolls up. I've a Kensington trackball, not
    > sure if that matters at all.
    >
    > I too just updated cvs and rebuilt.
    >
    > Dave

  10. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

    On 1/12/07, andrey mirtchovski wrote:
    > i fixed the code in yesterday's patch, it shouldn't happen unless...
    >
    > in screen.c:378 the mouse delta was cast to short and overflew on my
    > ibm mouse. if it isn't cast anymore in your code and if you've made
    > sure you rebuilt the whole thing (gui-osx isn't in the dependency
    > list, so touching screen.c won't necessarily mean it'll be recompiled
    > the next time you run make in the root directory), try printing out
    > the value of wheeldelta just above and see what sign it has.

    When I scroll down I get:
    65534
    65534

    And when I scroll up I get:
    2
    2

    > On 1/12/07, David Leimbach wrote:
    > > On 1/12/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
    > > > just updated from cvs; now it works. thanks.

    > > Hmmm, mine still only scrolls up. I've a Kensington trackball, not
    > > sure if that matters at all.
    > >
    > > I too just updated cvs and rebuilt.
    > >
    > > Dave

  11. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

  12. Re: [9fans] of mouse and mac

    on G4:

    1200
    1952
    1200
    1952
    1200
    49557
    1200
    49557
    1200
    1952
    1200
    49557
    1200
    1952
    -64336
    -15979
    -64336
    -15979
    -64336
    -63584
    -64336
    -15979
    -64336
    -63584
    -64336
    -15979
    -64336
    -63584

    on MacBook Pro:

    1
    4
    20
    17
    23
    11
    14
    65536
    65540
    65538

    yes, my fix does not work on intel macs. i didn't have mine around
    yesterday to test i'll dig around deeper. if you want me to test
    something let me know: i have both laptops around.

+ Reply to Thread