[9fans] reverse engineering binds - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] reverse engineering binds - Plan9 ; I want to discover where a file has come from, I understand that it will probably lead back to a /srv descriptor or a network connection but that is good enough. I need to walk back up the cd and ...

  1. [9fans] reverse engineering binds

    I want to discover where a file has come from, I understand that
    it will probably lead back to a /srv descriptor or a network connection
    but that is good enough. I need to walk back up the cd and the list of binds
    in the output of ns(1).

    I think this needs care to really get it right, so, has anyone got some
    C or rc that does this or shall I just fumble around until I sort it out
    for myself :-)

    Thanks guys,

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] reverse engineering binds

    Type "ns" at the shell? That'll tell you how your namespace was built
    right? Or am I thinking Inferno again?

    On 1/11/07, Steve Simon wrote:
    > I want to discover where a file has come from, I understand that
    > it will probably lead back to a /srv descriptor or a network connection
    > but that is good enough. I need to walk back up the cd and the list of binds
    > in the output of ns(1).
    >
    > I think this needs care to really get it right, so, has anyone got some
    > C or rc that does this or shall I just fumble around until I sort it out
    > for myself :-)
    >
    > Thanks guys,
    >
    > -Steve

  3. Re: [9fans] reverse engineering binds

    i think steve wants a function or script that, given a path,
    works out from the ns entries which device or server contains
    the path.

+ Reply to Thread