help(os) with Python 2.4.x on Plan9 - Plan9

This is a discussion on help(os) with Python 2.4.x on Plan9 - Plan9 ; Hi all, With the provided 2.4.3, i compiled Python-2.4.4. on Plan9. works great otherwise except providing help $python [Blah compiled with 8c] Python version 2.4.4 >>> import os >>> help(os) this gives me a lot of errors .... /sys/lib/python/pyrec.py from ...

  1. help(os) with Python 2.4.x on Plan9

    Hi all,
    With the provided 2.4.3, i compiled Python-2.4.4. on Plan9.
    works great otherwise except providing help
    $python
    [Blah compiled with 8c]
    Python version 2.4.4
    >>> import os
    >>> help(os)

    this gives me a lot of errors ....

    /sys/lib/python/pyrec.py
    from itertools import islice
    --No module named itertools

    Anybody have any idea
    -Prem

  2. Re: [9fans] help(os) with Python 2.4.x on Plan9

    On 1/11/07, prem wrote:

    > /sys/lib/python/pyrec.py
    > from itertools import islice
    > --No module named itertools

    look in Plan9, I forget the file, and am not near a machine.
    Basically, since we don't do module loading (yet), you have to
    statically compile the modules in. I am betting that itertools is not
    compiled in. grep os Plan9/*.c and you should find that file.

    I will try to post better answer once i am on a machine.

    Python is quite a maze of twisty passages, i'm finding.

    ron

  3. Re: [9fans] help(os) with Python 2.4.x on Plan9

    Hi Ron,
    I have cross checked that the itertoolsmodule.c is compiled and linked
    to 8.libpython, which is then linked to 8.out and copied to
    /386/bin/python
    Let me know if this works for you.

    -Prem

    ron minnich wrote:
    > On 1/11/07, prem wrote:
    >
    > > /sys/lib/python/pyrec.py
    > > from itertools import islice
    > > --No module named itertools

    > look in Plan9, I forget the file, and am not near a machine.
    > Basically, since we don't do module loading (yet), you have to
    > statically compile the modules in. I am betting that itertools is not
    > compiled in. grep os Plan9/*.c and you should find that file.
    >
    > I will try to post better answer once i am on a machine.
    >
    > Python is quite a maze of twisty passages, i'm finding.
    >
    > ron

+ Reply to Thread