[9fans] Adaptec 2940 - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Adaptec 2940 - Plan9 ; Hello everyone I just got a "new" computer with an Adaptec 2940 card as the scsi1 device. I'd like to install Plan 9 on this beast, but I haven't really found any indication that there is support for that SCSI ...

  1. [9fans] Adaptec 2940

    Hello everyone

    I just got a "new" computer with an Adaptec 2940 card as the scsi1
    device. I'd like to install Plan 9 on this beast, but I haven't really
    found any indication that there is support for that SCSI card. Can
    anybody help me out here?
    Thanks

    John
    --
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

  2. Re: [9fans] Adaptec 2940

    Hi

    > I just got a "new" computer with an Adaptec 2940 card as the scsi1
    > device. I'd like to install Plan 9 on this beast, but I haven't really
    > found any indication that there is support for that SCSI card.

    Bad news I'am afriad, they are not supported, if you search the 9fans archive
    (via google) you will see they where discussed several times; As i rembember it
    all who went there came back screaming.

    I still use symbolics/ncr/lsi/tekram cards which work well, though that is
    mainly because I have a stock of fast SCSI disks. If I where building a
    new plan9 machine I would use IDE these days.

    If a new disk is out of the question you could always use qemu on top
    of another OS.

    -Steve

+ Reply to Thread