qemu + date/time + plan9 - Plan9

This is a discussion on qemu + date/time + plan9 - Plan9 ; Hi all, I am having trouble with getting proper time and date in Plan9. I am using Linux + qemu-0.8.2. I tried qemu with -local time option, still no luck. always the date is shown as 'Sun Jan 2 2000' ...

  1. qemu + date/time + plan9

    Hi all,
    I am having trouble with getting proper time and date in Plan9.
    I am using Linux + qemu-0.8.2.
    I tried qemu with -local time option, still no luck. always the date is
    shown as
    'Sun Jan 2 2000'

    Any Idea what it is

    -Prem

  2. Re: qemu + date/time + plan9

    I also tried editing lib/profile and inserting a
    aux/timesync -L

    after some time the date/time are reset to '
    Sun Jan 2 2000'

    prem wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am having trouble with getting proper time and date in Plan9.
    > I am using Linux + qemu-0.8.2.
    > I tried qemu with -local time option, still no luck. always the date is
    > shown as
    > 'Sun Jan 2 2000'
    >
    > Any Idea what it is
    >
    > -Prem

  3. Re: [9fans] qemu + date/time + plan9

    It's the same in FreeBSD 6.0, though I guess that's not too much help

    > Hi all,
    > I am having trouble with getting proper time and date in Plan9.
    > I am using Linux + qemu-0.8.2.
    > I tried qemu with -local time option, still no luck. always the date is
    > shown as
    > 'Sun Jan 2 2000'
    >
    > Any Idea what it is
    >
    > -Prem

  4. Re: [9fans] Re: qemu + date/time + plan9

    > I also tried editing lib/profile and inserting a
    > aux/timesync -L
    >
    > after some time the date/time are reset to '
    > Sun Jan 2 2000'

    Yeah that's a funny one, there's already a aux/timesync running imho; I had that issue, the date/time seems to 'bounce' because they fight each other - quite amusing.

    > prem wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> I am having trouble with getting proper time and date in Plan9.
    >> I am using Linux + qemu-0.8.2.
    >> I tried qemu with -local time option, still no luck. always the date is
    >> shown as
    >> 'Sun Jan 2 2000'
    >>
    >> Any Idea what it is
    >>
    >> -Prem

  5. Re: [9fans] qemu + date/time + plan9

    Same here with Windows XP + qemu 0.8.2.

    prem escribió:
    > Hi all,
    > I am having trouble with getting proper time and date in Plan9.
    > I am using Linux + qemu-0.8.2.
    > I tried qemu with -local time option, still no luck. always the date is
    > shown as
    > 'Sun Jan 2 2000'
    >
    > Any Idea what it is
    >
    > -Prem

  6. Re: [9fans] Re: qemu + date/time + plan9

    I had this problem a while ago, and if I remember correctly, I fixed it by
    modifying /rc/bin/termrc which calls aux/timesync .

    I changed TIMESYNCARGS=-rLa1000000 to TIMESYNCARGS=(-n pool.ntp.org ) .

    Of course, all this assumes that you have your network operating properly.

  7. Re: [9fans] Re: qemu + date/time + plan9

    Yes that fixed it.
    Thanks

    Myron Cheung wrote:
    > I had this problem a while ago, and if I remember correctly, I fixed it by
    > modifying /rc/bin/termrc which calls aux/timesync .
    >
    > I changed TIMESYNCARGS=-rLa1000000 to TIMESYNCARGS=(-n pool.ntp.org ) .
    >
    > Of course, all this assumes that you have your network operating properly.
    >
    > ------=_Part_37098_20333758.1168270144250
    >
    > I had this problem a while ago, and if I remember correctly, I fixed it by modifying /rc/bin/termrc which calls aux/timesync .

    I changed  TIMESYNCARGS=-rLa1000000  to TIMESYNCARGS=(-n
    > pool.ntp.org

    ) .

    Of course, all this assumes that you have your network operating properly.

    > ------=_Part_37098_20333758.1168270144250--

+ Reply to Thread