Re: [9fans] setmalloctag in cc.a? - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] setmalloctag in cc.a? - Plan9 ; > Hmm, I note I have omitted "os" and compiled "libc" successfully. I did see the trouble with 'os', looks like some files are missing to me, but I wanted to put together something to program my little AVR before ...

  1. Re: [9fans] setmalloctag in cc.a?

    > Hmm, I note I have omitted "os" and compiled "libc" successfully.

    I did see the trouble with 'os', looks like some files are missing to
    me, but I wanted to put together something to program my little AVR
    before I worried about it.

    > And do you have any samples to test the suite on? I must confess that
    > the lack of documentation is seriously trying my rather limited
    > resourcefulness.

    Hadn't gotten that far yet. I'm only getting a few minutes here and
    there to look at it. I was planning to blink some LEDs with the
    assembler before I got too concerned about the rest. I was looking
    over avr/os/l.s for guidance. In any event, my first goal is to throw
    something together to talk to the chip using my El Cheapo
    parallel-port adapter.

    Micah

  2. Re: [9fans] setmalloctag in cc.a?

    > Hadn't gotten that far yet. I'm only getting a few minutes here and
    > there to look at it. I was planning to blink some LEDs with the
    > assembler before I got too concerned about the rest. I was looking
    > over avr/os/l.s for guidance. In any event, my first goal is to throw
    > something together to talk to the chip using my El Cheapo
    > parallel-port adapter.

    You have noticed that Inferno has an STK-500 programmer interface in
    /dis/avr/burn.dis? Sadly, I'm stuck with an STK-200 for a while, but
    I'm hoping to improve on that. Of course, no large memory devices
    this side, just yet, either.

    ++L

  3. Re: [9fans] setmalloctag in cc.a?

    > You have noticed that Inferno has an STK-500 programmer interface in
    > /dis/avr/burn.dis? Sadly, I'm stuck with an STK-200 for a while, but
    > I'm hoping to improve on that. Of course, no large memory devices
    > this side, just yet, either.

    Charles pointed that out to me yesterday, and I've given it a quick
    look. It'll need some modification to work with a parallel-port
    programmer. It looks like the STK-200 uses a similar parallel-port
    interface to what I've got. I'll let you know if I get something
    working, but no promises -- I don't have much time to give this little
    project.

    Micah

  4. Re: [9fans] setmalloctag in cc.a?

    On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 08:44 -0800, Micah Stetson wrote:
    > > You have noticed that Inferno has an STK-500 programmer interface in
    > > /dis/avr/burn.dis? Sadly, I'm stuck with an STK-200 for a while, but
    > > I'm hoping to improve on that. Of course, no large memory devices
    > > this side, just yet, either.

    > Charles pointed that out to me yesterday, and I've given it a quick
    > look. It'll need some modification to work with a parallel-port
    > programmer. It looks like the STK-200 uses a similar parallel-port
    > interface to what I've got. I'll let you know if I get something
    > working, but no promises -- I don't have much time to give this little
    > project.

    I just remembered (I happened to be going through my mailbox to make it
    a bit easier to handle and your message popped up), that I also own an
    Atmel Butterfly. It has a built-in bootstrap loader, although I confess
    I remember little of the scant documentation I read a long time ago. I
    just thought I'd mention it and use the opportunity to keep in touch.

    ++L

    PS: Excuse the mailer, I'm out of the office.

  5. Re: [9fans] setmalloctag in cc.a?

    > I just remembered (I happened to be going through my mailbox to make it
    > a bit easier to handle and your message popped up), that I also own an
    > Atmel Butterfly. It has a built-in bootstrap loader, although I confess
    > I remember little of the scant documentation I read a long time ago. I
    > just thought I'd mention it and use the opportunity to keep in touch.
    >
    > ++L
    >
    > PS: Excuse the mailer, I'm out of the office.

    Oops! Bitten by the "reply-to" setting in 9fans. Please accept my
    apologies, everyone.

    ++L

  6. Re: [9fans] setmalloctag in cc.a?

    well i was surprised by setmalloctag when first introduced.
    it's good. but if you have your own malloc then you have to stub it,
    it can do nothing or something good. ozinferno (Rel C) got screwed
    by this but simply fixed. simple answer, if you have your own malloc
    then think about how you can use setmalloctag to your advantage.
    or just stub it and ignore it's functionality.

    brucee

    On 2/6/07, Lucio De Re wrote:
    > > I just remembered (I happened to be going through my mailbox to make it
    > > a bit easier to handle and your message popped up), that I also own an
    > > Atmel Butterfly. It has a built-in bootstrap loader, although I confess
    > > I remember little of the scant documentation I read a long time ago. I
    > > just thought I'd mention it and use the opportunity to keep in touch.
    > >
    > > ++L
    > >
    > > PS: Excuse the mailer, I'm out of the office.
    > >

    > Oops! Bitten by the "reply-to" setting in 9fans. Please accept my
    > apologies, everyone.
    >
    > ++L

+ Reply to Thread