[9fans] error walking to 9pcauthcpuf - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] error walking to 9pcauthcpuf - Plan9 ; I compiled a new kernel and called it 9pcauthcpuf. It's in the 9fat partition, and referenced in plan9.ini. On boot, I get: error walking to 9pcauthcpuf Boot devices: fd0 ether0 sdC0!9fat boot from: [I entered sdC0!9fat!9pcauthcpuf] error walking to 9pcauthcpuf ...

  1. [9fans] error walking to 9pcauthcpuf

    I compiled a new kernel and called it 9pcauthcpuf. It's in the 9fat
    partition, and referenced in plan9.ini. On boot, I get:
    error walking to 9pcauthcpuf
    Boot devices: fd0 ether0 sdC0!9fat
    boot from: [I entered sdC0!9fat!9pcauthcpuf]
    error walking to 9pcauthcpuf
    boot from: [I entered sdC0!9fat!9pcf]
    and boot continues as normal for the default PC terminal.

    Any clues as to what I've done wrong?

    --Joel

  2. Re: [9fans] error walking to 9pcauthcpuf

    9fat is 8.3, but dossrv is more than happy to let you write file names
    that 9load will not handle. This is my guess. Rename the file to '1'
    and see how it goes.

    Anybody wants to look at my pbs hack that just loads plan 9 kernels
    directly, you're welcome to it. I ran out of time to get it done. But
    Plan 9 is the way to boot, as far as I'm concerned.

    ron

+ Reply to Thread