Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9 - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9 - Plan9 ; > It´s taking some time for us to put the photos at the ws web site. > Here you can take a look to what we have in the mean time. > We´ll put all the ones we get in ...

  1. Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9

    > It´s taking some time for us to put the photos at the ws web site.
    > Here you can take a look to what we have in the mean time.
    > We´ll put all the ones we get in the official web site, in a few days.

    Just put 'em on an FTP server somewhere. Nobody on this list owns a web
    browser, anyway :-)

    --lyndon

    Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the
    weak.

  2. Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9

    On 12/11/06, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

    > Just put 'em on an FTP server somewhere. Nobody on this list owns a web

    ^^^

    ewww. How do we do anonymous 9p?

    ron
    p.s. :-)

  3. Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9

    On 12/12/06, ron minnich wrote:
    > On 12/11/06, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
    >
    > > Just put 'em on an FTP server somewhere. Nobody on this list owns a web

    > ^^^
    >
    > ewww. How do we do anonymous 9p?

    contrib/papers on sources?

    I was thinking next workshop registration and paper submission should
    be a 9p-only affair.

    -eric

  4. Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9

    Still need to get some slides.
    When we got everything, we´ll put everything in the web site and
    also copy it into sources if that´s ok. (Most papers are already linked
    to the web page).

    On 12/12/06, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > On 12/12/06, ron minnich wrote:
    > > On 12/11/06, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
    > >
    > > > Just put 'em on an FTP server somewhere. Nobody on this list owns a web

    > > ^^^
    > >
    > > ewww. How do we do anonymous 9p?
    > >

    > contrib/papers on sources?
    >
    > I was thinking next workshop registration and paper submission should
    > be a 9p-only affair.
    >
    > -eric

  5. Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9

    >> Just put 'em on an FTP server somewhere. Nobody on this list owns a web
    > ^^^
    >
    > ewww. How do we do anonymous 9p?

    i've been thinking about this a bit with regards to rangboom.
    something along these lines:

    rangboom client, or something like it, would register itself to be the
    '9p' or 'sns' protocol handler. windows and linux browsers have
    this capability built in; for plan9 it would be a plumb rule,
    obviously. users can then exchange connections in url format, like
    'sns://namespace?credentials=#####'.

  6. Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9

    > 'sns://namespace?credentials=#####'.

    are these credentials some sort of secret ?

  7. Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9

    Papers and photos are now available at the IWP9 site

    http://lsub.org/iwp9/

    > Just put 'em on an FTP server somewhere. Nobody on this list owns a web
    > browser, anyway :-)

    For those who don't own a web browser

    for (i in `{seq -f'img00%g' 0 50 | sed 's/00([0-9][0-9])/0\1/'})
    hget http://lsub.org/iwp9/album/$i.jpeg > $i.jpeg

  8. Re: [9fans] some snapshots of iwp9

    how about on a 9p server?

    surely no need for sed:
    for (i in `{seq -w 0 50})
    hget http://lsub.org/iwp9/album/img0$i.jpeg >img0$i.jpeg
    first person to figure out how to do it without using a dollar
    character gets to pick where iwp9 will be next year.