Re: [9fans] scrolling during pull - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] scrolling during pull - Plan9 ; > Newbie question: I update by running "/usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull" in a > terminal, but it doesn't scroll until I hit page down. Why not? Also, > is this the right way to update? It's not a wrong way but not really ...

  1. Re: [9fans] scrolling during pull

    > Newbie question: I update by running "/usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull" in a
    > terminal, but it doesn't scroll until I hit page down. Why not? Also,
    > is this the right way to update?

    It's not a wrong way but not really necessary when using fossil.
    Essentially, glenda's pull script invokes 'replica/pull -v
    /dist/replica/network'. Before, it turns permission checking off for
    kfs and turns it on again after pulling. You only need the script if
    you installed on kfs. If you installed on fossil, you can pull by
    doing:

    # replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network

    See replica(1) for details (especially for how to solve conflicting
    changes).

    Heiko

  2. Re: [9fans] scrolling during pull

    Some of us might find it easier to remember
    /usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull than the exact replica
    command line.

    I know I do, and I wrote replica.

    Russ

+ Reply to Thread