Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks? - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks? - Plan9 ; > and 35 beers in two hours ;p i missed that one, but concur that many livers were abused. i don't think i've ever had as much ham....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

  1. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    > and 35 beers in two hours ;p

    i missed that one, but concur that many livers were abused.

    i don't think i've ever had as much ham.

  2. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

  3. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    On 12/8/06, Paul Lalonde wrote:
    > A big thank-you to the organizers, and to Gorka especially for
    > finding a restaurant to seat 30 on short notice.
    >
    > Fabulous to meet you all.

    Thank you all back for coming. A great way to show your gratitude
    is offering yourselves for hosting next year's. Anyone???
    --
    - curiosity sKilled the cat

  4. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    Anybody interested in Japan?

    Noah

    On 12/10/06, Gorka guardiola wrote:
    > On 12/8/06, Paul Lalonde wrote:
    > > A big thank-you to the organizers, and to Gorka especially for
    > > finding a restaurant to seat 30 on short notice.
    > >
    > > Fabulous to meet you all.
    > >

    > Thank you all back for coming. A great way to show your gratitude
    > is offering yourselves for hosting next year's. Anyone???
    > --
    > - curiosity sKilled the cat

  5. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    When Hope number 7 (HOPE7) takes place, which is I think summer of
    2009, we could have the IWP9 talk for 2009 in New York, right after or
    before Hope7. It'd be cool to have them here, in DC, but I doubt
    anyone would want to organise it here. And most of you guys are all in
    Europe anyways.

  6. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    Sydney? I can probably get it together.

    brucee

    On 12/10/06, Gorka guardiola wrote:
    > On 12/8/06, Paul Lalonde wrote:
    > > A big thank-you to the organizers, and to Gorka especially for
    > > finding a restaurant to seat 30 on short notice.
    > >
    > > Fabulous to meet you all.
    > >

    > Thank you all back for coming. A great way to show your gratitude
    > is offering yourselves for hosting next year's. Anyone???
    > --
    > - curiosity sKilled the cat

  7. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    I can probably pull resources together to host here in Austin at IBM,
    but I'd rather go to Sydney

    -eric

    On 12/11/06, Bruce Ellis wrote:
    > Sydney? I can probably get it together.
    >
    > brucee
    >
    > On 12/10/06, Gorka guardiola wrote:
    > > On 12/8/06, Paul Lalonde wrote:
    > > > A big thank-you to the organizers, and to Gorka especially for
    > > > finding a restaurant to seat 30 on short notice.
    > > >
    > > > Fabulous to meet you all.
    > > >

    > > Thank you all back for coming. A great way to show your gratitude
    > > is offering yourselves for hosting next year's. Anyone???
    > > --
    > > - curiosity sKilled the cat

  8. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    Errr. Austin is closer than Sydney
    My 2cents.

    On 12/11/06, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > I can probably pull resources together to host here in Austin at IBM,
    > but I'd rather go to Sydney
    >
    > -eric
    >
    > On 12/11/06, Bruce Ellis wrote:
    > > Sydney? I can probably get it together.
    > >
    > > brucee

    > > > Thank you all back for coming. A great way to show your gratitude
    > > > is offering yourselves for hosting next year's. Anyone???
    > > > --
    > > > - curiosity sKilled the cat

  9. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    I'd vote for New York, but Austin is fine too

    Thanks,
    Lucho

    On Dec 11, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:

    > I can probably pull resources together to host here in Austin at IBM,
    > but I'd rather go to Sydney
    >
    > -eric
    >
    > On 12/11/06, Bruce Ellis wrote:
    >> Sydney? I can probably get it together.
    >>
    >> brucee

    >> > Thank you all back for coming. A great way to show your gratitude
    >> > is offering yourselves for hosting next year's. Anyone???
    >> > --
    >> > - curiosity sKilled the cat

  10. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    On 12/11/06, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > I can probably pull resources together to host here in Austin at IBM,
    > but I'd rather go to Sydney

    I agree :-).
    --
    - curiosity sKilled the cat

  11. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    On 12/11/06, Latchesar Ionkov wrote:
    > I'd vote for New York, but Austin is fine too

    Here's another vote for New York. (Especially if it can include a
    field trip across the Hudson to the land of New Jersey, where once
    dwelt the fair maidens UNIX and Plan 9. (Is anyone at Bell Labs still
    using Plan 9?))

    Hope 7 sounds like a reasonably good time to meet in NY — especially
    since all other regional computer conferences seem to have moved to
    Boston — but not if it means waiting until 2009.

    --Joel

  12. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    Hello everyone.

    Thanks for a great time last week. I've only really just come down to
    earth !

    As for next time - I'd rather avoid US Immigration fingerprinting /
    profiling etc.

    but hey, whoever can get it sorted, that's the one for me, even
    somewhere alcohol dry like Saudi Arabia might be a frightening experiment.

    I've created a Flickr group called 9fans
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/9fans/

    Feel free to join & post any photos

    I used iwp9 and iwp9_2006 as relevant tags

    And I'm about to start flickrfs in Limbo if anyone is interested

    Maht

  13. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    On 12/11/06, Joel Salomon wrote:
    > On 12/11/06, Latchesar Ionkov wrote:
    > > I'd vote for New York, but Austin is fine too

    > Here's another vote for New York. (Especially if it can include a
    > field trip across the Hudson to the land of New Jersey, where once
    > dwelt the fair maidens UNIX and Plan 9. (Is anyone at Bell Labs still
    > using Plan 9?))
    >
    > Hope 7 sounds like a reasonably good time to meet in NY — especially
    > since all other regional computer conferences seem to have moved to
    > Boston — but not if it means waiting until 2009.
    >
    > --Joel

    I'm not a big name in the Plan 9 community, but I could possibly make
    it to IWP9 in NY, assuming I'm still at school here in Rochester when
    that time comes around.

    John
    --
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

  14. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    is canada easier for people? toronto or even somewhere really cool
    like newfoundland?

    ron

  15. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

  16. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    It takes a day for me to fly to either NY or Madrid. Get over it.

    Long haul sucks, but someone's gotta do it ...

    And Sydney in summer is more fun than NYC in winter.

    I did my usual panic get to work (Murray Hill) in a blizzard
    an didn't know about "snow-day don't bother".

    There were 2 people that day in 1127, me and ken.

    brucee

    On 12/12/06, Paul Lalonde wrote:

  17. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    >And Sydney in summer is more fun than NYC in winter.

    yes, and surely 9fans isn't losing a sense of adventure...

  18. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    I was just wondering, because I'll be in NY in about a month and
    Murray Hill is on my agenda of places to visit - how closed are Labs
    nowadays?

    Just taking a walk outside is fine by me, but maybe there is a slight
    chance of getting inside under someone's supervision? In case there's
    still anything left over of 1127...

    Any idea?

    Boris

    On 11 Dec 2006, at 23:05, Joel Salomon wrote:

    > On 12/11/06, Latchesar Ionkov wrote:
    >> I'd vote for New York, but Austin is fine too

    > Here's another vote for New York. (Especially if it can include a
    > field trip across the Hudson to the land of New Jersey, where once
    > dwelt the fair maidens UNIX and Plan 9. (Is anyone at Bell Labs still
    > using Plan 9?))
    >
    > Hope 7 sounds like a reasonably good time to meet in NY especially
    > since all other regional computer conferences seem to have moved to
    > Boston but not if it means waiting until 2009.
    >
    > --Joel

  19. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    >>And Sydney in summer is more fun than NYC in winter.
    >
    > yes, and surely 9fans isn't losing a sense of adventure...

    Sydney would be good. for adventure, i'll put in a vote for Las
    Vegas. Vegas is setup for large groups and relatively inexpensive (if
    you don't gamble).

    Tempe, AZ (ASU campus) is a fun place too. You can wear your gun
    to the grocery store (can't be concealed); though a three-barreled
    pirate pistol may not be ok.

    In spring/summer you can't beat Seattle/Vancouver area. i plan to
    sponsor a plan9 gathering here soon.

  20. Re: [9fans] IWP9 talks?

    > In spring/summer you can't beat Seattle/Vancouver area.

    Agreed.
    I was going to try and set something up here in Seattle if
    those other proposals don't work out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast