[9fans] version of XEN INTERFACE in mkfile - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] version of XEN INTERFACE in mkfile - Plan9 ; Richard, xen interface in mkfile is 30201. Are you sure you wanted it to be 30201? Not 30202? I had a problem due to the setting -- a compat function was being called instead of the right one. Or is ...

  1. [9fans] version of XEN INTERFACE in mkfile

    Richard,
    xen interface in mkfile is 30201.

    Are you sure you wanted it to be 30201? Not 30202? I had a problem due
    to the setting -- a compat function was being called instead of the
    right one.
    Or is it really 30303 at this point?

    There is one remaining problem with the cppx or cpp. When this is run,
    and physdev.h is included, you get two lines like this:
    #define PHYSDEVOP_IRQ_NEEDS_UNMASK_NOTIFY(1U<<(0))
    #define PHYSDEVOP_IRQ_SHARED(1U<<(1))
    note lack of space after the name. Not sure why, but you might find it
    faster than I will.
    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] version of XEN INTERFACE in mkfile

    > Are you sure you wanted it to be 30201? Not 30202? I had a problem due
    > to the setting -- a compat function was being called instead of the
    > right one.

    I believe it has to be < 30202, because we still use the old form of
    event_channel_op hypercall. We could update xensystem.c to use the
    newer event_channel_op (which takes an int argument instead of an
    evtchn_op_t), but then our kernel binary wouldn't run on older
    versions of Xen3.

    > Or is it really 30303 at this point?

    I doubt it, because of this:

    #define __XEN_LATEST_INTERFACE_VERSION__ 0x00030204

    -- Richard

  3. Re: [9fans] version of XEN INTERFACE in mkfile

    > There is one remaining problem with the cppx or cpp. When this is run,
    > and physdev.h is included, you get two lines like this:

    Fixed.

+ Reply to Thread