Re: [9fans] Fwd: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Fwd: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso - Plan9 ; I have the same problem in a Pentium II, the 9load cannot work with the CD. My Motherboard is a Soyo for PII 350 MHz slds. John Floren wrote: > On 12/5/06, Russ Cox wrote: >> Here is some mail ...

  1. Re: [9fans] Fwd: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso

    John Floren wrote:
    > On 12/5/06, Russ Cox wrote:
    >> Here is some mail to 9trouble as per our earlier discussion. Enjoy.

  2. Re: [9fans] Fwd: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso

    i have this problem with a 440GX pIII machine that i use as
    a plan 9 terminal. the solution for me was to boot from floppy
    then run 9660srv by hand and mount the distribution that way.

    linux can boot on the same machine so theoretically it would
    be possible to fix, but i'm not sure how much effort it would be.

    - erik

    ----

    I have the same problem in a Pentium II, the 9load cannot work with the
    CD. My Motherboard is a Soyo for PII 350 MHz

    slds.

  3. Re: [9fans] Fwd: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso

    I use "floppy + network installation", I can't use the CD ( I try with
    two different drives)

    erik quanstrom wrote:
    > i have this problem with a 440GX pIII machine that i use as
    > a plan 9 terminal. the solution for me was to boot from floppy
    > then run 9660srv by hand and mount the distribution that way.
    >
    > linux can boot on the same machine so theoretically it would
    > be possible to fix, but i'm not sure how much effort it would be.
    >
    > - erik
    >
    > ----
    >
    > I have the same problem in a Pentium II, the 9load cannot work with the
    > CD. My Motherboard is a Soyo for PII 350 MHz
    >
    > slds.

+ Reply to Thread