[9fans] missing includes for xen3 - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] missing includes for xen3 - Plan9 ; xen-public in 9/xen3 is empty. building is hard :-) I'm going shopping. Richard, you out there :-) ron...

  1. [9fans] missing includes for xen3

    xen-public in 9/xen3 is empty. building is hard :-)

    I'm going shopping.

    Richard, you out there :-)

    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] missing includes for xen3

    > Richard, you out there :-)

    Sorry, I've been in Madrid. We missed you there.

    IWP9 was great - many thanks to Nemo, Gorka, Enrique and doubtless
    many others for hosting it.

    > xen-public in 9/xen3 is empty. building is hard :-)

    >From /n/sources/xen/xen3/README (and repeated in the wiki):

    "... to build a new kernel, copy or
    bind into /sys/src/9/xen3, copy or bind the xen/include/public
    directory from the Xen source distribution into /sys/src/9/xen3/xen-public,
    and mk"

    If you have only a binary xen distribution, there's a copy of xen/include/public
    in /usr/include/xen.

    By the way, I only just noticed that my Xen 3.0.3 updates had been lost when
    the sources fossil was reinitialised from the 2 November dump. I've re-done
    the updates now.

    -- Richard

  3. Re: [9fans] missing includes for xen3

    On 12/5/06, Richard Miller <9fans@hamnavoe.com> wrote:

    > "... to build a new kernel, copy or
    > bind into /sys/src/9/xen3, copy or bind the xen/include/public
    > directory from the Xen source distribution into /sys/src/9/xen3/xen-public,
    > and mk"

    Sorry, I don't know how I missed that! I am actually somewhat amazed
    that anything in xen will directly compile -- this is a positive
    change.

    > By the way, I only just noticed that my Xen 3.0.3 updates had been lost when
    > the sources fossil was reinitialised from the 2 November dump. I've re-done
    > the updates now.

    OK, I will get them.

    Have you experimented with direct device access from domU? We are
    looking at that now. Most of what they tell you in the manuals doesn't
    seem to actually work.

    ron

  4. Re: [9fans] missing includes for xen3

    > Have you experimented with direct device access from domU?

    No - for me the whole point of xen is that physical devices
    become Somebody Else's Problem.

+ Reply to Thread