[9fans] Fwd: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Fwd: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso - Plan9 ; Here is some mail to 9trouble as per our earlier discussion. Enjoy. ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: intra@lexus.lg.bank.gov.ua Date: Dec 5, 2006 8:20 AM Subject: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso To: 9trouble@plan9.bell-labs.com Hello! I 've downloaded http://cm.bell-labs.com/plan9/download/plan9.iso.bz2 , burned plan9.iso ...

  1. [9fans] Fwd: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso

    Here is some mail to 9trouble as per our earlier discussion. Enjoy.

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: intra@lexus.lg.bank.gov.ua
    Date: Dec 5, 2006 8:20 AM
    Subject: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso
    To: 9trouble@plan9.bell-labs.com

    Hello! I 've downloaded
    http://cm.bell-labs.com/plan9/download/plan9.iso.bz2 , burned
    plan9.iso by Nero. I want to install it on my x86 system, or see how
    it works (Live CD), but I saw:
    boot from:
    I tried, as in http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan...ing/index.html
    sdC0!cdboot!9pcflop.gz
    sdC1!cdboot!9pcflop.gz
    sdD0!cdboot!9pcflop.gz
    sdD1!cdboot!9pcflop.gz
    but only then
    boot from: sdD0!cdboot!9pcflop.gz
    sdD0!cdboot unknown partition.

    Please, help me, or give mail that people, which can help me!

    --
    Best regards,
    Sergey mailto:intra@lexus.lg.bank.gov.ua

  2. Re: [9fans] Fwd: Trouble with loading from plan9.iso

    On 12/5/06, Russ Cox wrote:
    > Here is some mail to 9trouble as per our earlier discussion. Enjoy.

    The problem here is that 9load and some drive controllers are
    apparently made of fail and AIDS. I have experienced this same problem
    with a working CD on an older Pentium machine. I don't think I ever
    solved it.

    John
    --
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

+ Reply to Thread