[9fans] sources down? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] sources down? - Plan9 ; cpu% 9fs sources srv tcp!sources.cs.bell-labs.com: mount failed: Hangup I haven't been able to mount sources today or yesterday. Can other people?...

  1. [9fans] sources down?

    cpu% 9fs sources
    srv tcp!sources.cs.bell-labs.com: mount failed: Hangup

    I haven't been able to mount sources today or yesterday. Can other people?

  2. Re: [9fans] sources down?

    > I haven't been able to mount sources today or yesterday. Can other people?

    I have it mounted right now.

    --lyndon

    Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat.

  3. Re: [9fans] sources down?

    sources is up and I can mount it from inside and outside, with and
    without authentication, though we do get occasional console messages
    like these:

    Mon Nov 27 15:16:53: attach main as forsyth: not enough data in auth read
    Mon Nov 27 16:16:12: attach main as forsyth: not enough data in auth read
    Tue Nov 28 09:30:11: attach main as geoff: phase error protocol phase error: read in state SNeedProto
    Tue Nov 28 09:30:13: attach main as geoff: phase error protocol phase error: read in state SNeedProto
    Wed Nov 29 09:30:11: attach main as geoff: phase error protocol phase error: read in state SNeedProto
    Wed Nov 29 09:30:13: attach main as geoff: phase error protocol phase error: read in state SNeedProto

    In this case, your connection to sources has dropped, so you need to
    remove /srv/sources, and you'll need to be hostowner to do that if you
    don't own /srv/sources, then execute `9fs sources' again.

  4. Re: [9fans] sources down?

    Mon Nov 27 15:16:53: attach main as forsyth: not enough data in auth read
    Mon Nov 27 16:16:12: attach main as forsyth: not enough data in auth read

    that will be my drawterm'ing to a cpu server on which i do a 9fs sources without
    first doing a fresh auth/factotum to use my keys instead of the cpu server's.

  5. Re: [9fans] sources down?

    On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 05:30:40PM -0500, geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
    > sources is up and I can mount it from inside and outside, with and
    > without authentication, though we do get occasional console messages
    > like these:
    >
    > Mon Nov 27 15:16:53: attach main as forsyth: not enough data in auth read
    > Mon Nov 27 16:16:12: attach main as forsyth: not enough data in auth read
    > Tue Nov 28 09:30:11: attach main as geoff: phase error protocol phase error: read in state SNeedProto
    > Tue Nov 28 09:30:13: attach main as geoff: phase error protocol phase error: read in state SNeedProto
    > Wed Nov 29 09:30:11: attach main as geoff: phase error protocol phase error: read in state SNeedProto
    > Wed Nov 29 09:30:13: attach main as geoff: phase error protocol phase error: read in state SNeedProto
    >
    > In this case, your connection to sources has dropped, so you need to
    > remove /srv/sources, and you'll need to be hostowner to do that if you
    > don't own /srv/sources, then execute `9fs sources' again.

    Removing /srv/sources worked. Thanks.

    - James

+ Reply to Thread