[9fans] marshal - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] marshal - Plan9 ; Hi, After a year of putting up with it I tracked down why I cannot forward emails via our Exchange server. It insists on the 822 From: line agreeing with the SMTP MAIL FROM: name, giving: "454 5.7.3 Client does ...

  1. [9fans] marshal

    Hi,

    After a year of putting up with it I tracked down why I cannot
    forward emails via our Exchange server.

    It insists on the 822 From: line agreeing with the SMTP
    MAIL FROM: name, giving:

    "454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to Send As this sender"

    if the latter is unknown.

    Normally I use /mail/box/$user/headers to force a From: line containing my real
    name and the email address exchange likes but marshal does not read this when
    presented with the '-n' arg (no standard input), which nedmail uses for forwarding.

    Anyone know/rembember/guess why this might be?

    I cannot think why marshal would not read /mail/box/$user/headers (except the
    -8 "read RFC822 headers from input" option).

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] marshal

    perhaps they wanted the original sender to show up
    in faces? nedmail adding the -n argument seems like
    a mistake to me.

    - erik

    On Tue Nov 28 05:09:12 EST 2006, steve@quintile.net wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > After a year of putting up with it I tracked down why I cannot
    > forward emails via our Exchange server.
    >
    > It insists on the 822 From: line agreeing with the SMTP
    > MAIL FROM: name, giving:
    >
    > "454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to Send As this sender"
    >
    > if the latter is unknown.
    >
    > Normally I use /mail/box/$user/headers to force a From: line containing my real
    > name and the email address exchange likes but marshal does not read this when
    > presented with the '-n' arg (no standard input), which nedmail uses for forwarding.
    >
    > Anyone know/rembember/guess why this might be?
    >
    > I cannot think why marshal would not read /mail/box/$user/headers (except the
    > -8 "read RFC822 headers from input" option).
    >
    > -Steve

+ Reply to Thread