[9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA - Plan9 ; Hello and good morning, I have recently relocated to Riyadh, KSA and have decided to spend my now all-too-copious free time learning the ins and outs of Plan 9. One nagging problem for me, however, is the lack of a ...

  1. [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA

    Hello and good morning,
    I have recently relocated to Riyadh, KSA and have decided to spend my
    now all-too-copious free time learning the ins and outs of Plan 9. One
    nagging problem for me, however, is the lack of a AST timezone file.

    I am curious if it is at all possible for:

    1) Someone to throw one together for me, or (better still)
    2) Explain to me the format of the file.

    Also, are there any other plan 9 users in Saudi?

    Thanks,
    John Waters, no relation to the director.

  2. Re: [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA

    On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 4:32 PM, John Waters wrote:
    > Hello and good morning,
    > I have recently relocated to Riyadh, KSA and have decided to spend my
    > now all-too-copious free time learning the ins and outs of Plan 9. One
    > nagging problem for me, however, is the lack of a AST timezone file.
    >
    > I am curious if it is at all possible for:
    >
    > 1) Someone to throw one together for me, or (better still)
    > 2) Explain to me the format of the file.

    The format is documented in ctime(2). Probably more readably than I
    am about to attempt

    offset [seconds]>

    period> ...

    -sqweek

  3. Re: [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA

    As far as i know, Saudi Arabia is at UTC+3h and has no daylight savings time, so

    AST 10800 AST 10800

    should do. (C.f. Arizona.)

    > I have recently relocated to Riyadh, KSA and have decided
    > to spend my
    > now all-too-copious free time learning the ins and outs of
    > Plan 9. One
    > nagging problem for me, however, is the lack of a AST
    > timezone file.
    >
    > I am curious if it is at all possible for:
    >
    > 1) Someone to throw one together for me, or (better still)
    > 2) Explain to me the format of the file.
    >
    > Also, are there any other plan 9 users in Saudi?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John Waters, no relation to the director.

    Låna pengar utan säkerhet. Jämför vilkor online hos Yahoo!
    http://shopping.yahoo.se/c-100390123...nerId=96915014

  4. Re: [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA

    Hi gas,

    After reviewing ctime's man page I came to the same conclusion.
    I just tried it out and it appears to be just smurfy.

    Thanks all,
    jcw

    On 4/21/08, gas wrote:
    > As far as i know, Saudi Arabia is at UTC+3h and has no daylight savings time, so
    >
    > AST 10800 AST 10800
    >
    > should do. (C.f. Arizona.)

  5. Re: [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA

    Re Timezone file format:

    /n/sources/contrib/steve/rc/tzdump

    -Steve

+ Reply to Thread