Re: [9fans] Intel 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Intel 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller - Plan9 ; > Hi, I'm trying to install Plan 9 on my laptop and Plan 9 can't see my > SATA drives. > Linux reports the SATA controller as an Intel 82801FBM. I have > searched 9fans and > found that there ...

  1. Re: [9fans] Intel 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller

    > Hi, I'm trying to install Plan 9 on my laptop and Plan 9 can't see my
    > SATA drives.
    > Linux reports the SATA controller as an Intel 82801FBM. I have
    > searched 9fans and
    > found that there may be some hope in getting this to work from the
    > following post:
    > http://marc.info/?l=9fans&m=115882643305112&w=2

    intel sata mode is not supported. this device was produced before
    intel used the ahci interface. ahci is supported.

    however, there ought to be a bios configuration option to allow your
    sata drive appear like a legacy ide drive.

    - erik

  2. Re: [9fans] Intel 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller

    On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:22 PM, erik quanstrom wrote:
    > > Hi, I'm trying to install Plan 9 on my laptop and Plan 9 can't see my
    > > SATA drives.
    > > Linux reports the SATA controller as an Intel 82801FBM. I have
    > > searched 9fans and
    > > found that there may be some hope in getting this to work from the
    > > following post:
    > > http://marc.info/?l=9fans&m=115882643305112&w=2

    > intel sata mode is not supported. this device was produced before
    > intel used the ahci interface. ahci is supported.
    >
    > however, there ought to be a bios configuration option to allow your
    > sata drive appear like a legacy ide drive.
    >
    > - erik

    Thanks a lot for the information. My bios has very, very few options
    and I already
    looked for that one.

    Thanks,
    William Beene