[9fans] dc(1) questions - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] dc(1) questions - Plan9 ; 1. Bc(1) has the idea that the last function letter is 'z', corresponding to decimal 26 in dc(1)'s stable[]. However, dc only gives an error for undefined functions up to LASTFUN ... _octal_ 026. Which is correct? My bets are ...

  1. [9fans] dc(1) questions

    1. Bc(1) has the idea that the last function letter
    is 'z', corresponding to decimal 26 in dc(1)'s
    stable[]. However, dc only gives an error for
    undefined functions up to LASTFUN ... _octal_ 026.

    Which is correct? My bets are with bc.

    2. Why is there no mention of register notation
    for the [SsLl:;<>=] commands in dc's man page?

    3. Is it wrong to love bc(1) for being a compiler?

    Thanks,
    Anthony

  2. Re: [9fans] dc(1) questions

    On 15/04/2008, Anthony Martin wrote:
    > 3. Is it wrong to love bc(1) for being a compiler?

    In my opinion, absolutely not. I wish more software was.
    <3

    --
    I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
    apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right

+ Reply to Thread