[9fans] syscall paper - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] syscall paper - Plan9 ; I've recently written a short document on the process of adding a new system call to Plan 9. In anticipation of numerous attacks on my intelligence and the inevitable questioning of the legitimacy of my parentage, no, I do not ...

  1. [9fans] syscall paper

    I've recently written a short document on the process of adding a new
    system call to Plan 9. In anticipation of numerous attacks on my
    intelligence and the inevitable questioning of the legitimacy of my
    parentage, no, I do not endorse the reckless addition of system calls.
    I most definitely do not suggest that "kgetpid" should actually go
    into the kernel; it's purely an example, one that requires very little
    code to implement.

    The paper is in /n/sources/contrib/john/syscall.ps or, for you fakers
    who don't have Plan 9 boxes,
    http://cm.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/john/syscall.ps

    Comments and corrections are welcome; flames about how I have lost the
    way will be mocked.

    John

  2. Re: [9fans] syscall paper

    We're reorganising our external web servers, and had intended to make
    the change transparent to people on the outside, but publishing urls
    like

    http://cm.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/john/syscall.ps

    confuses things. plan9 and cm are being pulled apart, so it would be
    much better to publish the (currently equivalent) url

    http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/c...ohn/syscall.ps

    In general, plan 9 stuff will not be found under cm in future, and
    vice versa.

+ Reply to Thread