Asus MB w Marvell LAN chip - Plan9

This is a discussion on Asus MB w Marvell LAN chip - Plan9 ; Hello all, I'm trying to get a system running. So far, everything works but the LAN. The motherboard has a Marvell 88E1111 Gb chip. I looked at hardware listings on the site and guessing its not supported. Can someone recommend ...

  1. Asus MB w Marvell LAN chip

    Hello all,
    I'm trying to get a system running. So far, everything works but the
    LAN. The motherboard has a Marvell 88E1111 Gb chip. I looked at
    hardware listings on the site and guessing its not supported. Can
    someone recommend a recent motherboard that works?

    Thanks.
    david

  2. Re: [9fans] Asus MB w Marvell LAN chip

    > Hello all,
    > I'm trying to get a system running. So far, everything works but the
    > LAN. The motherboard has a Marvell 88E1111 Gb chip. I looked at
    > hardware listings on the site and guessing its not supported. Can
    > someone recommend a recent motherboard that works?

    the marvell 88e1111 is a phy not a nic. what nic do you have?

    if it's not supported, you could always add a supported nic such as
    the intel pro 1000/pt. they're about $35.

    it's hard to recommend a specific consumer motherboard since the lifetime
    is so short. i got these motherboards within the last 3 months:

    - msi k9ag-neo2 amd sb600 chipset 8169-compatable nic
    no mp interrupts for serial.
    - supermicro x7sbe intel 3100/ich9r chipset 82573 nic
    no pata at all. no hotswap.

    you're probablly better off working the other way -- from workable
    parts to a motherboard. for example, amd sb600 or better +
    8169-compatable (e.g. realtek 8111b).

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread