[9fans] aquarela capuse problem - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] aquarela capuse problem - Plan9 ; Dear list, When I try to access a user's directory through aquarela I get a strange error message whose meaning is unknown to me. The setup is as follows: 1. bind -c /usr/shares /n/shares 2. aquarela -u 1 -d allcmds ...

  1. [9fans] aquarela capuse problem

    Dear list,

    When I try to access a user's directory through aquarela I get a strange error message whose meaning is unknown to me. The setup is as follows:
    1. bind -c /usr/shares /n/shares
    2. aquarela -u 1 -d allcmds &

    when I try with a unix smbclient (part of the samba package) I get the following error
    session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)

    The aquarela logfile contains an interesting message:
    [...]
    nativeos: Unix
    nativelanman: Samba
    authentication succeeded
    smbcomsessionsetupandx: chuid failed: writing to #€/capuse: i/o count too small
    reply: error 2/1
    [...]

    What's wrong here?

    Thanks for your help,

    Christian

    --
    You may use my gpg key for replies:
    pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

  2. Re: [9fans] aquarela capuse problem

    The problem seems to be that aquarela doesn't have permission to switch from
    the user who started aquarela to the user who logged in. I assume you are not
    running aquarela as the hostowner (by convention "bootes").

    -Steve

+ Reply to Thread