[9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE - Plan9 ; I'm seeking advice. APE does not include EWOULDBLOCK in its . I have a feeling that no syscall will return EWOULDBLOCK as an error code, so I fail to see any reason not to include it. Am I missing something? ...

  1. [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE

    I'm seeking advice.

    APE does not include EWOULDBLOCK in its . I have a feeling
    that no syscall will return EWOULDBLOCK as an error code, so I fail to
    see any reason not to include it. Am I missing something?

    ++L

  2. Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE

    On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:48 AM, wrote:

    > APE does not include EWOULDBLOCK in its . I have a feeling
    > that no syscall will return EWOULDBLOCK as an error code, so I fail to
    > see any reason not to include it. Am I missing something?

    If it's not there, and someone uses EWOULDBLOCK, they'll get an
    error.Probably a good idea.

    I.E.

    You Have Been Warned.

    :-)

    ron

  3. Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE

    > APE does not include EWOULDBLOCK in its . I have a feeling
    > that no syscall will return EWOULDBLOCK as an error code, so I fail to
    > see any reason not to include it. Am I missing something?

    I think it's common on UNIX systems for EWOULDBLOCK to be a synonym for EAGAIN.

  4. Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE

    > I think it's common on UNIX systems for EWOULDBLOCK to be a synonym for EAGAIN.

    that's correct, at least acording to my POSIX man pages I have in the
    posix-man contrib package.

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  5. Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE

    a couple of weeks ago brucee and i were looking for "wood block" on linux

    here's a little torture: which header file has the errno's on linux?

    --
    Skip Tavakkolian - Founder/President
    9Netics, Inc.

  6. Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE

    well to be honest i did use up more than my share of wood blocks ...
    but my fire was raging. in the early 80s when a thousand new errnos
    were introduced it was a ****tail afternoon at basser, and i think it
    was andrew taylor who looked at ENAMELON and exclaimed "And A Melon?"
    .... so i made melon daiquiris.

    brucee

    On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Skip Tavakkolian
    wrote:
    > a couple of weeks ago brucee and i were looking for "wood block" on linux
    >
    > here's a little torture: which header file has the errno's on linux?
    >

    > On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Federico G. Benavento
    > wrote:
    > > > I think it's common on UNIX systems for EWOULDBLOCK to be a synonym for EAGAIN.

    > > that's correct, at least acording to my POSIX man pages I have in the
    > > posix-man contrib package.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Federico G. Benavento
    > >

    > --
    > Skip Tavakkolian - Founder/President
    > 9Netics, Inc.
    > 206.463.9600
    > Want Secure Remote File Access From Anywhere?
    > Visit: http://www.rangboom.com

  7. Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE

    On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Skip Tavakkolian
    wrote:
    > a couple of weeks ago brucee and i were looking for "wood block" on linux
    >
    > here's a little torture: which header file has the errno's on linux?

    All of them.

    ron

  8. Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE

    On Mar 21, 2008, at 12:07 AM, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:

    > a couple of weeks ago brucee and i were looking for "wood block" on
    > linux
    >
    > here's a little torture: which header file has the errno's on linux?

    On the contrary: none of them, because if SCO doesn't realize that
    once they release Unix as OSS they can't sue Torvalds over errno.h
    there will be none.

    Why did AT&T sell the rights to Unix in the first place? And why not
    also V8/V9/V10?

+ Reply to Thread