[9fans] Boot option to disable multiprocessor mode? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Boot option to disable multiprocessor mode? - Plan9 ; Is it possible to modify the live cd isos to list an option that would allow booting with the *nomp=1 option set? It seems to prevent the ability for me to use vesa modes on my dual core Thinkpad T60, ...

  1. [9fans] Boot option to disable multiprocessor mode?

    Is it possible to modify the live cd isos to list an option that would
    allow booting with the *nomp=1 option set? It seems to prevent the
    ability for me to use vesa modes on my dual core Thinkpad T60, and as
    a result the coloring looks really screwed up. Dark green background,
    terminals with black background with black text on them, making them
    unreadable. I would hope maybe if the vesa modes worked correctly, I
    might be able to get normal coloring and a usable plan9 boot to help
    me gauge whether it would function correctly on a complete clean
    install.

  2. Re: [9fans] Boot option to disable multiprocessor mode?

    On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Brad Frank wrote:
    > Is it possible to modify the live cd isos to list an option that would
    > allow booting with the *nomp=1 option set?

    The live cd _does_ boot with *nomp=1.
    -sqweek

+ Reply to Thread