Re: [9fans] It looks like our GSoC application was rejected - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] It looks like our GSoC application was rejected - Plan9 ; >interested students should perhaps submit their plan 9 gsoc project >proposals to the Hurd. i hear we have a connection there through a >certain Thomas Bushnell, BSG Bushnell is no longer associated with the Hurd . Ironically, he appears to ...

  1. Re: [9fans] It looks like our GSoC application was rejected

    >interested students should perhaps submit their plan 9 gsoc project
    >proposals to the Hurd. i hear we have a connection there through a
    >certain Thomas Bushnell, BSG

    Bushnell is no longer associated with the Hurd . Ironically, he
    appears to have been sacked by Stallman after a licensing dispute as
    to whether the GFDL, whatever that is, is really free.

  2. Re: [9fans] It looks like our GSoC application was rejected

    The GFDL governs documentation. It tries to keep your manuals free-as-
    in-freedom. :-) Look at the absolute bottom of any page on Wikipedia.

    On Mar 19, 2008, at 3:19 AM, Andrew Simmons wrote:

    >> interested students should perhaps submit their plan 9 gsoc project
    >> proposals to the Hurd. i hear we have a connection there through a
    >> certain Thomas Bushnell, BSG

    > Bushnell is no longer associated with the Hurd . Ironically, he
    > appears to have been sacked by Stallman after a licensing dispute as
    > to whether the GFDL, whatever that is, is really free.

  3. Re: [9fans] It looks like our GSoC application wasrejected

    In article <44671b480803190019i418869c8y8b861225303b527b@mail. gmail.com>,
    kodogo@gmail.com (Andrew Simmons) writes:
    >>interested students should perhaps submit their plan 9 gsoc project
    >>proposals to the Hurd. i hear we have a connection there through a
    >>certain Thomas Bushnell, BSG

    > Bushnell is no longer associated with the Hurd . Ironically, he
    > appears to have been sacked by Stallman after a licensing dispute as
    > to whether the GFDL, whatever that is, is really free.

    You mean someone else has finally stood up and said, "But the emperor
    has no clothes on at all!"

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include