[9fans] (no subject) - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] (no subject) - Plan9 ; we have outlook express, thunderbird and mac mail accessing tlssrv+imap4. i can't get outlook express or mac mail to authenticate using cram-md5, but thunderbird can. mac mail and thunderbird can authenticate with password auth (i.e. -p) but nothing seems to ...

  1. [9fans] (no subject)

    we have outlook express, thunderbird and mac mail accessing
    tlssrv+imap4. i can't get outlook express or mac mail to authenticate
    using cram-md5, but thunderbird can. mac mail and thunderbird can
    authenticate with password auth (i.e. -p) but nothing seems to work
    for outlook express. anybody have a similar setup?

    also, upas/fs -f /imaps can't authenticate with cram-md5.

  2. Re: [9fans] (no subject)

    > we have outlook express, thunderbird and mac mail accessing
    > tlssrv+imap4. i can't get outlook express or mac mail to authenticate
    > using cram-md5, but thunderbird can. mac mail and thunderbird can
    > authenticate with password auth (i.e. -p) but nothing seems to work
    > for outlook express. anybody have a similar setup?
    >
    > also, upas/fs -f /imaps can't authenticate with cram-md5.

    i have had similar problems with outlook express. i didn't get a chance
    to debug as i don't have a windows box.

    - erik

  3. Re: [9fans] (no subject)

    On 2008-Mar-19, at 05:41 , erik quanstrom wrote:

    >> also, upas/fs -f /imaps can't authenticate with cram-md5.

    > i have had similar problems with outlook express. i didn't get a
    > chance
    > to debug as i don't have a windows box.

    If you can hang on for a few weeks I will have patches for IMAP to fix
    up a bunch of authentication-related issues.

+ Reply to Thread